Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Essentials Review: Care for your Glory

Many of you may not know, but I am an avid user of Essential's hair masks and treatment tube! I usually use the orange- coloured product for rich premier treatment for silky straight hair. My reason for picking Essential was because it was affordable and easily available and most importantly, it was a product which deliver results for me.
You must have seen Essential in your nearest drug store and supermarket. Essential is a popular haircare brand from Japan. Essentials offers a variety of products to get rid of every girl's hair woes, ranging from the basic care like Shampoo and Conditioner to treatments like Hair Masks and Leave on Serum and Lotions. This October, Essential relaunches with brand new packaging, improved formula and a new variant!
Essentials
Being a lucky girl, I had the opportunity to test out their range. Based on my hair type, I was given the pink Frizz Free category. Compared to their previous hair mask, you are no longer required to leave it for as long as 10-15 minutes. Just 3 minutes! And you can rinse it off. For me, it is perfect because I don't enjoy long baths! And as usual, it allows me to have manageable hair for the next week!
It was my first time trying the basic care products and I love the lingering sweet scent in my hair. I may consider switching cos it is easy on my pockets and I think it improves the effect of the hair mask when used together!
  1. Essential Moisturising Frizz Free Shampoo - S$4.50 (200ml) / S$11.50 (750ml)
  2. Essential Moisturising Frizz Free Conditioner - S$4.50 (200ml) / S$11.50 (750ml)
  3. Essential Moisturising Frizz Free Hair Mask - S$9.90 (can last up to 3-6 months depending on frequency of use)
  4. Essential Moisturizing Frizz-free Treatment - S$7.90 (I think that was the price when I last bought it :)
Table
How to Choose the Correct Variant for your Hair Type
Ask yourself the two questions and choose from the matrix below:
1. Do you have oily hair roots/scalp?
2. Do you have dry/damaged hair ends?
  • Nourishing Breakage Defense (orange) – for weak & damaged hair
  • Moisturizing Frizz Free (pink) – for dull & rough hair
  • Light Finish Volumizing (yellow) – for flat and limp hair
  • Deep Cleansing Care (blue) – for oily scalp & dry ends (new)
Hair Mask
The richest formula Nourishing Breakage Defense (orange) variant for treatment and mask is the most suitable for people with dry/damaged hair. The rest should use the Moisturizing Frizz Free (pink) variant which is comparatively lighter.
Basic Hair
Intensive Care
I am sure many of you have heard of combination skin type, but do you know there is also combination hair. The needs of our hair roots and ends are very different as such we should use right products that would answer to their needs. New Essential Light Finish Volumizing (yellow) and Deep Cleansing Care (blue) variants have the optimum combination of Smart Cuticle Care & Sebum Cleansing Technology to target both problems of roots and hair ends. As a result, consumers experience the best of both worlds with one product - airy light roots and moisturized ends.
Out of the 4 new variants in the new relaunched range, the yellow and blue variants contains technology that caters to people with combination hair - oily scalp/ roots yet dry ends. So those of you with such problems, you may want to try out their products. There are free samples available at their Facebook
Switch
Never ever settle for a product that never answer to your hair needs. After all, the mane is a woman's greatest glory :) Maintain a breathable, refreshed scalp and you can retain this glory for a good many years!

No comments:

Post a Comment