Friday, November 21, 2014

Period Care Companion: PS Love Review

During that one time in a month, the thought of being a woman sux would run through my mind. Periods...sigh...where hormones run wild.
Male readers may not understand, but let me share with you a little more about the agony during this month, and perhaps you would treat the lovely women in your life a little more gently and give her a little more love during her rough days!
Sad_Bunny
During my period days, honestly I don't even know what I am feeling. One moment, I am depressed, the next moment I am murderous, ready to kill any creature, dead or alive who cross my path. During my heavy flow days, I have really bad cramps. Like my bunny, I don't want to do anything, I just want to lay down, sleep and occasionally weep to my pillow and sometimes throw her a few punches.
I am just crazy and I know that! And I don't take selfies during these days...Zzz...
PS Love
But this month, I have PS Love to make this experience a little less bad. *weak smile*
In Singapore, there are many subscription box projects going on. But, this one is a little more interesting which every women would need. PS Love is spearheaded by 2 high school students who wanted to reduce the friction and stigma of people talking about Periods. The vision of PS Love is simple - to chase away the periodic blues and automate this very mundane and repetitive cycle of a woman's life (which lasts about 38 years in a woman's lifetime!!!) 38*12, that's a lot of low points I have to go through. Sigh.
For me, I dislike the discomfort and just need something - a reminder maybe to tell me that hey, this ain't that bad. For other women, you could probably dislike queuing for your supplies and the search for remedies for your cramps every month. (Or you could be like me, feel bad about yourself and not search for any answer to the pain)
PSLove
PS Love is a really nice surprise parcel for me. It came a good 2-3 days before my period. I usually forget the date, so it warns me that the monster inside me is coming. It was personally delivered in an extremely secure box, I even had some problem struggling to open it. The sticker "Hey, you are looking at my bottom" made me laugh. You should really notice it when you receive yours! :)
It came with a good supplies of pad for a month (you can even select the brand and type -with/without wing/ day/night etc!) Like magic, no more stocking up, and pads appear when you need them. But I really love best was the snacks that came with it.
Magic
Maybe it because I am more of a comfort food person. Here are some of the healthy goodies (may change every month) that came in my box which I really appreciated. (If left on my own, I just might binge on unhealthy snacks)

  • PMS Tea Cinnamon - I like it quite a lot, I might even drink it when I am not having my period *chuckles*
  • Dry Roasted Edamame
  • Anti-Cranky Cranberry Meets Honey Almond
  • Sea Salt Caramel Apple Chips
  • Hanuta Minis
  • Reese's Peanut Butter Cups - FAV!!!
  • Witors Praline

Hope you enjoyed the video, to know more about PS Love, you can drop them a visit by clicking here. For those who are very concerned about the cost, there are different types of subscription and so you will likely find something that suits your budget. 
P.S. they don't over-charge the pads too :) I think that is really one good thing about them plus of cos the hand delivered service. Thank you PS Love, I can't say period is fun now but at least I found a period care companion that will go through these stormy days with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment