Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Review: Budget Mama, Owl always love you!

Owl always love you
After I saw this picture, I am pretty positive i am very in love with owls. Cute and wise with that huge eyes that look so innocent and in constant shock. Awww~~~
Of course, just because all my stuff I picked are owls doesn't mean that there are no other designs available at Budgetmama. Allison has tons of fabrics. However, as she is now crafting half-time, the focus will be mainly on tissue pouch & pencil cases. Other customisation are still possible, just that you might have to wait a little longer. But like what the saying goes, good things are worth the wait.
Fabrics
So if you are wondering what the options you have, this is the eye-popping, jaw-dropping variety of fabrics she own. It was an easy choice for me in the sense I am definitely picking the owls. But I didn't expect there were so many variations of Owl prints. In the end, I settled for the pinkish background ones cos pink is my favourite colour!!!
Customising is not at all difficult, you just need to choose the item you are interested (tissue pouch/ pencil case). Allison will then send you the images of her impressive collection of fabrics so that you can take your pick. Lastly, you have to arrange payment and update her the payment details. For these 2 items, waiting time is around 3 days. Once it is ready, she will send you an image of your desired item and also another image, what we call the proof of mail. 
Chope
Personally, I really like the jagged edges design. It made them look a lot more pricey than it really is. And I was sort of expecting stray threads but there was none! I am not sure I would have the heart to use it because it is so adorbs. I think if I used them to chope seat for lunch, not only will I not have a seat, I will also lose my tissue holder and pack. Zzzz...(Spoken like a true-blue Kiam-Siap Singaporean) Plus all the coffee shop tables so oily, what if it stains my owls! So I will probably use it on weekend instead of weekdays. The travel pack size one can used at home, so no worries about dirtying it! :)
It is really value for money. Prices are all shown below:
Tissue Pouch
Small Pocket Tissue Size (Generally all brands pocket tissue can fit)     $4.90
    • Material of Cotton/Polycotton/Canvas
    • Each price is $4.90, but if get bundle of 2 will be $8 ($4 each)
Small Pocket Tissue Size, with PU leather trimmings (Generally all brands pocket tissue can fit)     $7.90
    • Material of Cotton/Polycotton/Canvas
    • Each price is $7.90, but if get bundle of 2 will be $14 ($7 each)
Travel Pack Size (Fits Kleenex Brand)     $7.90
    • Material of Cotton/Polycotton/Canvas
    • Each price is $7.90, but if get bundle of 2 will be $14 ($7 each)
Travel Pack Size (Fits brands of Paseo & Softness)     $7.90
    • Material of Cotton/Polycotton/Canvas
    • Each price is $7.90, but if get bundle of 2 will be $14 ($7 each)
Pencil Case
  • Size of 5 inch x 8 inch
  • Comes with YKK Gold Teeth Zipper
  • Able to fit calculator
  • Besides pencil case can use as small pouch, eg.Sanitary pad holder, store of miscellaneous items, can fit passport etc.. 
*All the above price inclusive of Normal mail. Other customisation items possible as per request, but depending on the item itself, price & waiting time varies.
Owl Cushions
What initially caught me eye was the owl cushions she made, I was thinking it was so perfect for our handicraft time but unfortunately, luck wasn't on our side. And Allison didn't have the time to share with us more on this lovely creation of hers. Certainly, it is our big loss.
The owls look exactly like my first picture right? Hehe. Now you know why I can't keep my eyes off them. <3
Owlets
But Allison was so kind, she sent me this miniature owlets of the owl cushion, keychains by the way. They are those soft, squishy type. Yes like the ones you teenage kids are so obsessed over. Didn't really understand the fad at first, but now I think I know, why we call things we adore "a squeeze". It is just so nice prodding soft owlets. Muhahaha~~~
So if you are interested in getting something handmade for yourself or anyone else, do visit Budgetmama. The variety of fabrics is definitely one reason you will pick her over others, And most importantly, her price is very reasonable. I personally do like her pouch designs and do check out some of the works she has previously made for her other customers to inspire you on your purchase!

No comments:

Post a Comment