Previously, I have did an advert on Essential, a popular haircare brand from Japan. Essential has a wide range of products, from basic care like Shampoo & Conditioner to more intensive treatments like Hair Masks and Leave On Treatments to help repair and care for hair for women and all their hair woes. Today, I have 2 other products to introduce to you. It is the Leave On Treatment range with the brand new CC Oil and Night Care Milk.
It is common knowledge that heat styling, perming and dyeing can damage your hair, what you may not know is that external environmental factors and your everyday habits can put stress on your hair and impact its health and appearance!
The write up on the 5 stress brothers are as below. Click it to enlarge to know what is hindering you from your gorgeous mane!
1. Blow drying: Heat damage/friction from blow drying The process of blow-drying removes moisture from the hair, both outside and inside the hair - leaving hair dry, brittle and susceptible for further damage
2. Combing: Friction to the hair cuticles due to daily combing Combing through wet hair causes great hair damage as the hair follicle is at is most fragile state. Likewise, the friction caused by coming through dry hair can form hair knots which makes hair prone to unnecessary breakage
3. Split Ends: Fraying of hair shaft due to dry and brittle hair The ends of your hair are the oldest and driest parts. When the protective hair cuticle is destroyed at the end of the hair, the hair splits into two or more parts.
4. Hair Breakage Besides daily heat styling, blow drying and brushing, other seemingly harmless actions like tying your hair into a tight ponytail or twirling your hair with your fingers exert excessive stress on your hair, resulting in hair breakage
5. Dryness: Dry hair that feels rough Exposure to the sun, wind or even air-conditioning can result in hair dryness. The hair cuticle that protects the hair is weakened and is unable to retain moisture within the cuticles of the hair
Lately, my hair have been highly unmanageable (God knows why). Everyone who sees me simply just accuse me of not combing my hair. :( Actually it is cos sometimes I am too tired I fall asleep before my hair is completely dry. And so, I wake up with nice wavy hair (IMO), but everyone thinks it is just a mess.
So what on earth is the cause?
Some of you may have heard of Pillow Friction. It is the friction between your hair and the pillow when you toss and turn at night. It causes the cuticles to be misaligned, creating frizz creates frizz, resulting in a fabulous lion’s mane the next morning! My trademark!
Essential Night Care Milk (Used on the left) : It is used to protect your hair from pillow friction by leaving a protective coat around each hair strand and prevent misaligned cuticles when hair rubs against the pillowcase, leaving hair more manageable the next morning. To be applied on damp or dry hair before going to bed.
Cuticle Coat Protection (Used on the right): Leaves hair smooth & tangle free all day. Contains Hair Supplement Oil, which is similar to hair’s natural oil.
Personally, I think both products work the best when you used them together. The Essential Night Care Milk is thicker and leave your hair feeling very moisturized. The Cuticle Coat Protection is lighter but smells really lovely. I would say I prefer the effect of the Essential Night Care Milk if I really have to choose one.
For those who would like to get a bottle of the products, they are retailed at $11.90. Alternatively, you can play Essential’s Facebook game - Mane Hero where you combat the 5 evil Hair Stress Brothers and Pesky Pillow King to win attractive weekly prizes! With my laggy computer, it is a darn hard game.
So no more washing your hair to 'reset' your mane. Now you don't have to compromise on beauty rest and go through this hassle and routine of washing and blow-drying in the morning! Psst...I don't do that...haha...now that I have good hair products, all the more I can sleep later!!! Wahaha~