Monday, May 29, 2017

Just Chillin' at Birders


A little bit of Sake. A little bit of Yakitori. Just some Japan magic to end off the weekend. If you are looking for something different for your next drinking spree, you might just want to read on.

Check out Birders! (I shall not type out the Chinese name for it cos it is kinda of crude...haha) It opens till midnight so if you crave for some fulfilling supper, here is where you should go!


So some of you may not be familiar with Yakitori, in SG terms it is a bit like the Japanese Satay. Basically, it is meat on a skewers. But of course you don't restrict it to meat. Even sweet corn can be skewered too! Personally, I find Yakitori really good bear food. It is one of those rare cases where a flavorful snack complements a zesty drink!

I tried out some of the Yakitori and honestly not all suited my taste. Lol. For any of you who are more adventurous, I shall suggest the Heart and Gizzard. I think it is an acquired taste. Haha. We missed out trying the Pork Belly and Quail Eggs which I am sure it is good. T.T Let me know if you tried them.

Check out our happy face. Here are some which we tried which you might like to have a go at too:-
  1. Unami Corn 
  2. Onsen Egg
  3. Japanese Yam - This is quite different from those that we normally have.
Oh dear looking back, I realise that there are a lot more things I would like to try on the menu. But haha, my tummy ain't that big too store all the food anyway.


If you are like my parents who need rice in order to have a filling stomach, don't worry cos they have fillers. For something more traditional, try Yakitori Don. This is really value for money cos not only you get
to try the Yakitori and have rice to go with it.

But, I would really recommend you to try the Takikomi Chazuko which is something like a dashi broth. It is more interesting and broth is really yummy. My brother and I actually drank the whole broth. Oops Hahaha.

If you are looking for some drinks (more like alcohol) to quench your thirst, Birders has a good selection of Sake. Don't worry if you can't name what you want because the friendly waiters there will help you. You just have to describe what you like. Sweet? Strong after taste?

Don't worry if among your group of friends, you are not much of a drinker. There are alcoholic drinks being served as well though I think the alcoholic menu is very very impressive. One thing I really like about Birders is that you can actually have a good chat with your friends without screaming over a singing band. I would describe Birders as a pretty chillax hangout. Not too noisy and rowdy.


I have obviously save the best for last. And these 2 sharing dishes are your Die Die Must Have. If you are there, you must try the Liver Mousse. It is just so damn good. The buns are fried to such crispness, it should be sold by itself so that you can tabao home. And the mousse, I have never taste anything like that. I would even come back for it.

Wings - Duh, everybody love chicken wings. Okay, if you really want me to compare Liver Mousse beats everything. And on normal day, I don't even eat liver. You can imagine how good it is!!! Awesome goodness that you eat it yourself if you are sharing. Haha, can't imagine I am saying this.


And if some Japanese magic and liver moouse isn't enough, keep your eyes peeled. You may just be enough to be star-struck. Yes, the owner is Adam Chen from Tanglin! <3 <3 <3 I can imagine every lady reader flocking there already. Hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment