Saturday, December 30, 2017

Instant Macaroni - Cooking with Kays


I may never end a year right, but I always try to start the new year right - on a healthier note. 2017 was a year which I had many irregular meals which ended up having me putting on additional weight and having an unnecessary swimming float around my waist. :P

So, was quite happy to find Kays which made cooking simple and provided variety to instant noodles if I was hungry and wanted something fast! If I am not wrong, it is the only instant macaroni and fuselli in the market. But check out the huge selection of flavors they have already!


Meal 1 - Fuselli pasta
My Dad made a bit of a mistake and mixed 2 different sachets together. So we had Spicy Chicken and Hot and Spicy all in one dish. It was still very delicious but very, very spicy. I teared a bit while eating it. So generally, it takes about 3 minutes to prepare the fuselli, but if you are like me, you may want to keep them simmered.

Tip of the day: Don't empty the whole sachet in because the portions are generous. Save it for other dishes. (Will show you later.)

How to cook it: My Dad made sure the food preparation was kept easy for lazy folks out there. The sausage, fishball and assorted veggies are all obtained cold storage area. (Left) More ingredients were added to the one on the right, we had tomatoes, onions and mushrooms with the Black Pepper Sachet. You can definitely change them to fresh food, such as minced meat, capsicum etc. if you are not afraid of a little preparation work.


Meal 2 - Yong Tau Foo
With your leftover sachet, you can use it for your other dishes as well. This was made using the Hot and Spicy sachet which my Dad left over. And dang the Yong Tau Foo was yummy. I had 2 bowls of the soup. :P So we used 1 sachet for 2 servings and I thought the spicy level was just right, this time round.

Tip of the day: If you don't really like the Indianish spice taste, avoid the Hot and Spicy, go for Spicy Chicken instead.

How to cook it: This dish used Yi Mian, but you can definitely use Kays macaroni as a substitute. Yong Tau Foo can be easily purchased at the wet markets and it makes your meal look more colourful and nutritious. :)



Meal 3 - Cheese Macaroni
This is my favourite dish that my Dad has made thus far. (Maybe cos I am a huge fan of Cheese macaroni.) Obviously, we didn't use the sachet but we made use of the instant macaroni. If you want to know how you can satisfy your cheese Marconi cravings quick and fast, read on!

Tip of the day: Don't save on the cheese and use the cheap NTUC type, the taste will be differentUse Parmesan Cheese!

How to cook it: Bacon with bacon bits, mushrooms, sausages and assorted vegetables. This is like the ingredient filled version you can never get outside. My Dad fry the bacon and sausages a bit before simmering the rest of the ingredients. If you are lazy, you can always use the microwave, but it doesn't taste as good (Tried and tested!)


Meal 4 - Japanese Macaroni
I was lazy that day. So instead of using the mircowave, I tried to entirely use the cup noodles method. And guess what it worked! But the macaroni tasted very starchy. I am not sure whether it was my method that is the issue or does the soup macaroni taste like this!

Tip of the day: If this method works, it is really the most convenient way of cooking!

How to cook it: I grab all the stuff from the nearest 7-eleven. I should have popped in an onsen egg as well. But at least I had the cha siew. :P Should have bought some spring onions and the anchovies soup would have been perfect!


As you can see, I have been experimenting with Kays but I am still not quite done with it yet given their huge selection. So bear with me as I slowly share with you my hits and misses and cooking tips I have gathered.

So far, I am super in love with their fuselli. From the pictures, some of you may tell me that it is overcooked, but I think I like mine a little more soggy than crunchy so they are perfect for me. Stay tune as I share with you more, ok!

No comments:

Post a Comment