Saturday, January 20, 2018

My Daily Skincare: Hits and Miss


If you are looking for Korean or Taiwanese products, you may want to check out My Daily Skincare. Some of the popular brands they hold include 23.5N, J.One, Kuan Yuan Lian, Loveisderma and My Scheming which you may not be able to find on normal pharmaceutical stores.

Like me, you probably heard of some brands (considering they are highly raved about) and may not be so familiar with the other brands. And I am happy to share that there are a few products that are definitely worth the hype or at least should be hyped about!



This is the product the Korean actress Ha Jiwon created. So definitely, there was some hype about this product. Initially, I was a bit miffed because the instruction was all in Korean. But okay, it was quite easy to use. You just had to massage it to your face before you sleep at night. And voila, witness the magic in the morning.

If you really like products like nice fragrance, you would love it. True to its name, it is in jelly form but it is not sticky at all. And, it did keep my face hydrated throughout the night. In fact, this is my favourite among the stack. I can hardly wait to try out the rest of the brand's product. Guess I am a fan now. <3


Most of you should be very familiar with My Scheming Masks by now. It is affordable and doesn't disappoint. So I was very curious about their Blackhead Removal Pack. Considering I reviewed the TPO 3 Step Nose Pack a month back, I had some sort of expectations.

Similarly, this come in a 3-steps process. As will soon see, I didn't try it on my nose, but  on my Mum's nose instead. Reason being, my nose is quite clear since the last time but my Mum's is filled with gunk. LOL!


Like all My Scheming products, this didn't disappoint. The amount of gunk it pulled out was satisfying. My mum's nose looked so clean after. I think by the 2nd use, her nose could be blackhead-less. In terms of steps, time-taken and maybe even effectiveness, it is no different from TPO 3 Step Nose Pack.

However, in terms of price-point it wins hand-down. First of all, you don't really use much of the products to pull out the gunk. I am guessing even if you use a generous amount every week, it can last up to 3 months. It is super value for money!



To be quite honest, I have never heard of the brand Kuan Yuan Lian. Personally, the brand is rather light on the whole and smells cucumberish. Hahaha. I am quite neutral towards it maybe because I like products which I can feel the effect fast. But this product seems more natural.

I didn't get any outbreaks, neither did it strip my skin off any moisture. Among the selection, this was quite average. Not that I won't use it again, just that it didn't leave me overwhelmed and impressed. Maybe it is because all cleansers are pretty much the same? I am suspecting their other skincare products may have more potential.



I didn't really like it as a toner. But I loved it as a face spray. Of course, sprays in my opinion are quite optional on a skincare regime. However, I especially love them after a warm day or vigorous activity. I think I just don't like sweat and warmth on my face.

So if I can't find a toilet to wash my face, I will use a face spray to cool it down at least. I think this is quite a cheap option. And it doesn't come with alcohol (i.e. no cooling feeling), but at the same time, you don't have to worry about moisture being striped off.

I have to say this was the most disappointing product I have tried in this selection. I had huge expectations for it, partially because of the great review I heard of this brand. When I opened the product and used it the intensive way, there was so much potential.

But it didn't live up to what it promised. Firstly, this product didn't come with any fragrance. I really didn't like the smell of it. Although it seemed like face was so well-hydrated with the product on. When I washed it off, the product along with the hydrated effect was washed on. In fact, I am so disappointed I don't even think I may be trying other products under this brand.

With that, we have come to the end of the review. Let me know if you would like me to try other products in some of the brands mentioned above or if you disagree with my review/ comments. (Note: I usually finish products before I move on to another review so you may need to wait a while before I try out new stuff. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment