Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Wedding Talks: Plating and Inking


Happy V-day to all you lovebirds out there. Found a really interesting, customised present that may make a good anniversary present and thought I should share it with you. :)

I am not sure if you guys are familiar with plate-making. But for me, this is the first time (and definitely not the last) that I am being exposed to this. Just before you guys think this is all the way in Thailand (cos it looks so), it isn't, it is 100% local. #SupportLocal


First off, Plate Ink is located at J-Cube#02-71. If it is not convenient for you, you can always go on their online platform to purchase/design your plates in the own comfort of your home. But because there are so many options, if you are poor in colour-combi like me, you better make a trip down for consultation.

I started off not knowing what I want to finally having some clue of what I want. Mind you, I changed my mind back and forth repeatedly. Fortunately Ibrahim, the friendly designer/artist at Plate Ink was patient enough to give me some "professional opinion" and save me from making a huge mess of my plate. Thanks!


Just to guide you noobs out there (like I am not one myself), here are the steps:
  1. Pick your plate size: it depends on the number of letters. There is a promotion going on. The small ones for your door/ work desk cost S$9.90 at the moment. Since we had a wedding coming up, we decided to go for the big plates. (Cos a wedding should be a big bang right!) It is also on promotion at S$35!
  2. Decide on what you are going to write: Ibrahim suggested something personalised since it was for a wedding. My personal take is if you are here already, watching the birth of your plate and fretting over designs and colours, you must as well make it one in a bizillion and never replicable right!
  3. Pick your plate colour: This was hard. But I settled on Gold cos there is something gohden about this wedding :P But trust me all the colours are so pretty with so much potential. 
  4. Pick your colours: Now this is complicated. There is so much designs you can go for. Sparkle? What about the Border? Same Colour? I think I died at this stage. Lol! My brain went into overdrive.
  5. Add-ons?: You can have hand-drawn art on your plates for 5-10 bucks or even glitter. To make my life simple, I kept it simple. (P.S. the fiane was sure glad I didn't 画蛇添足 cos more is not more in his opinion. Haha!)

So this is our final product. Yes, I blocked out some parts because there should be some suspense before the actual wedding. We went Gold, White and Red. Cos too many colours, it may lose its class. We have a teeny wheeny bit of pattern in the middle.

I eventually didn't try too much stuff. I initially wanted gold and sparkly silver but that's probably a blinding combination. Hahaha. Loving my plate at the moment. (And my friends love it too with some of them considering to get the mini one for themselve cos it is quite cheap!) By the way, it takes about an hour or so for my plate. Way faster than I thought :P

** Updates: Quote "ForFunk" and you will get an additional 5% off even for the discounted prices! Not vaild for online purchases!

No comments:

Post a Comment