Sunday, June 3, 2018

Planning a surprise: Success

This time round for the BF's bday, I tried to plan a surprise for the BF. Even though I was overseas and very busy, I still made the effort to plan. For that I give myself a 10 out of 10. And this was also when I realise how tough it was to be a guy. The time you needed to spend to coordinate between the different vendors. OMG

I planned so much until I was thinking, will BF think that this is a proposal?!? HAHAHAHA!


First, we went to Keong Saik Bakery to collect BF's bday cake. I swear this is now my favourite cake shop. It has so much special flavours. And best of all, you can pick a size suitable for your party guest. As you can see, the cake is a bit smaller than usual, but also, it is cheaper than the normal cakes!

The baker is also best sia. I wanted to give BF a surprise and he took the cake out to show me what he wrote on it >.< So much for a surprise. Haha, but at least he rushed the cake out for me. Also had a breakfast set there while waiting for the cake. In my opinion, just buy ala-carte, the buns and coffee are yummy. The eggs are too over-cooked for my liking :P


By a stroke of pure good luck, I came across La Bussola, which serve awesome affordable vegetarian food. The ambience was so perfect as well and I think because I booked early, we had the best seat, overlooking the Wessex scenery outside. <3

All the food we ordered that day was yum (and it was just slightly above S$100?!?)
  1. Sformato Di Bieta (Tuscan Pie with chard and leeks) - S$16
  2. Soup of the day - S$15
  3. Lagsana ai Fungji (handmade lasagna with mix mushroom and tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese) - S$18
  4. Funghi Alla Cacciatora - S$22
  5. Dessert - Oops I forgot to take a photo of the menu >.<

For the price-point, the chef even came out to introduce his restaurant and his dishes. (Wow, super luxe feel) And for BF's bday, the waitress and chef even did something special for him. Nice :D

Psss, their snack, the potato skin is totally delicious. I am going to try making my own too! (which probably won't taste as nice!) And if you are coming as a couple, you can get the waitress to pre-split the serving into 2. I am not sure if this can be done in a bigger group.

But yea, I love La Bussola. This place is so special I don't want to share it. But BF insisted I had to do a shout-out for them cos they deserve it! So here goes, Bday Boy reign supreme on his special day :P

No comments:

Post a Comment