Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Gateway Theatre Birthday Bash



For the very first-time in my life, I saw a mermaid!!! I was invited to Gateway Theatre's first birthday party and it made me realise the childhood I never had. Kids who are living in the west, I realise you kids are so damn lucky.

Just so you know, Gateway Theatre has a Gateway Kids' Club programme which provides a weekly regular programme that includes story-telling, craft sessions and free Play at the Sky Garden, all free for the members of public.


I always thought story telling was some old lady holding a book and reading some fairy tales, and boy how wrong I was. Guess the kids today have it better. Now at Gateway Theatre, you get to experience atas story telling. And your narrator is even Amy Cheng! Hahaha. I mean it is not always her, but she is awesome.

Honestly I never knew she was so expressive. Even without much props, she made the story - "The Spineless Jellyfish and cunning money" come alive. Her change of voice and mannerism made the characters came alive. I can still remember the Jollyfish song :) I think storytelling has went into a whole new dimension with giant puppets and all. It is a show that can be enjoyed by the young and old.


It has been a long while since I have been to any kid's birthday party. But I can assure you this birthday bash was a ball of fun. There was a magic show, carnival games and even handicraft time. Honestly, I didn't expect myself to have that much of a good time. But I did :P

And you know what, if you are looking for places to hold events or a birthday party, check out the Sky Garden. It is a green space with a water feature and a stage. Highly instagrammable and I think the price is pretty reasonable at S$150 per hour. Birthday venue tips, mamas. :D


No comments:

Post a Comment