Sunday, August 12, 2018

String Art: The Spark in Our Stars


So finally, I bothered to come out with the hashtag for the wedding. Haha. This is modelled after the "The Fault in Our Stars" which I caught with the BF...happy ending version. Maybe "okie lor" will be our "always"

Recently, I came across string arts from Strings & What Knots. You may have seen this on your social media given that they are trending. The trend girl in me also did one for the tag...simply cos I thought it was cute and I was curious how it worked. And I thought you would be too :P


Here's how they look like. Personally, I don't feel that the photos do any justice to it. Just in case you can't see from the photos. A part of the art was made by nails and string would be twirled around it. The nails reflect some of the light, so the art would shimmer under the lighting at different angles. This unfortunately can't be caught on camera.

I have also taken some close-up of the photos to show you how intricate the string art is. Just in case, you can't keen to having a piece of your own, the ordering process isn't every difficult. The background can be customised with pictures, if you find my plain blue a little tad too boring for you.


Here's some key consideration to smoothen your customisation process:-
  1. Size of the piece: Ours was Size C and it is a good size for display. (See picture below for more size options)
  2. Customised Background (if any): Now that I think of it, maybe I should customised the background. You can check out some of the other works Strings & What Knots have done up and it looks dope. But on second thoughts, I am not much of a designer and this project would stress me up!! Argh.
  3. Colours Combination: If you really do not have an opinion or not just don't have a keen eye for colours, you can seek professional opinion from Strings & What Knots
  4. Pick the design:Strings & What Knots would work out some preliminary designs for you, so you just have to pick the one that tugs your heart strings the most...hehe (just couldn't resist saying that) 
  5. Decide where you wanna display it: Okay, this is not a real problem but just my inability to decide :P

And with that, you will receive your very own knotty art in 3 weeks. By the way, you can also customised stitched series portrait. FYI, they look extremely gorgeous. Should have done one for myself, I should it would look great in my room. <3

If you need any more information, feel free to email me or contact Strings & What Knots. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment