Sunday, September 9, 2018

My type of Hen Party

By now, I think it is kinda of obvious your girl is marrying soon :D So far, I think I still feel kinda of chillax mainly because I am pretty no-frills. I didn't really have a hen party as well because I thought it was kinda of degrading for me to go around doing the female version of a "fuck-boy" dare.

But still, I had chosen my army of ladies who have sworn to protect my house gates from my BF and his clones. Oh ya, by the way, our theme is his clones versus my twins. So basically, our friends are going to dress like us. Haha.


The funny thing is the BF actually has a more distinct trademark fashion. He always polo tee with khaki shorts. In fact, most of our photos always have him wearing the same few clothes. Sometimes I wonder if anyone think I shot all the photos in a day. I on the other hand, had more varied fashion. But in the end, my friends pointed out that I had a love for pinafore dresses and skorts.

But because pinafore dresses were not really typical staples, my friends didn't have them in their wardrobe already. And so, we settled on skorts which was more functional in their opinion. So basically, for my "hen party", we deco-ed my house with my other BFF's old wedding deco (too lazy to buy new ones). I pretty suck in handicrafts so both my friends did the fluffing. We then quickly had a run through of the draft programme.


Despite being a bo-chap bride, I still had some "standards" and was "threatening" to fire my friends as bridesmaid if they failed to hit their KIP. B was kinda of grumbling "not like I am being paid for such BS...and you wanna fire me". Little did they know I had Bridesmaid Gift boxes from Giftsbyraz prepared for them. Just to share, the content of these boxes are pretty awesome, so obviously they had to sort of "earn" it.

My friends were really please with their gifts and seem more motivated to work harder. Gah. If you are a fellow bride, these gift boxes are really awesome. For just $30 each, you get:-
  1. 5 packets of slimming tea 
  2. 1 facemask
  3. 1 pouch
  4. 1 Reese lipbalm (This is damn dope la)
  5. 1 Crabtree & Evelyn Hand cream (Like what!)
  6. 1 packet of mints
  7. 1 Organic Essential Oils from EssentialsforQ (This is darn good by the way!)

To end off the day, we had dinner at a cafe rather near my house...W39. I have never really been there cos my Dad has always commented that the food was kinda of overpriced. But you know what it was worth every penny. It was so delicious and the portion was huge. And if you bring your dog, you can even get 10% off. We had the:-

Truffle fries (S$11): The portion was huge
Vegetarian Linguine (S$16): For my vegetarian friend
Confit of Duck Leg (S$23): My friends thought it was good but I felt it was kinda of too dry for me. The potatoes at the side were also too tough for my liking.
Teriyaki Salmon (S$23): This was awesome and I wished I had picked this instead.
Rose Caffe Latte (S$5.50): This is frigging yummy!
Beetroot Latte (S$6.50): This is a special but I felt that the beetroot taste was too strong.
W39 Purple Lemonade (S$8.40): To be honest, most of the drinks we bought, we did it for the gram.

Only the rose caffe latte was awesome, the rest I felt was not not too bad but not mind-blowing either. The ambience was pretty good and we could stay really long there (like 4 hours) to chat non-stop and play with Pitu. Hehe. Considering my friends were from different cliques, I never knew they had so much in common. I guess birds of a feather always flock together. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment