Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Wedding Journey: Hui Niang Jia


Because the hubby's side of the family was highly traditional, we could only go back on Day 3. And boy am I happy to be home. We spent our 2nd night at Hotel Mono. Compared to our suite at Fullerton, it was small and squeezy (definitely more cramp than the picture shown above.)

Sumptuous breakfast wasn't provided. And there was no fancy gym or pool available. And it is not cheap too. But still, at least it is clean and at Chinatown where you can get a good supply of Liang Teh. :D


So, the day after my wedding was my birthday. Yea, I got a good deal of feedback by people calling me "心机女“ for plotting to get married a day earlier. :P But, the truth is this was a date picked based on the Chinese Calendar and because my grandfather passed away, I would have to be wed off between 49 and 100 days anyway.

Fullerton provided us a pretty cake which we used for my birthday. Unfortunately, it taste really awful. I just had a bite for tradition sake and tossed the rest away. Maybe it was stomach. But I really don't like heavily-iced cake and the chocolate was not moist enough for my liking. (We almost wanted to serve this during reception that day. Thank god we didn't!)


And cos I think I had too much good food and too little water the day before, my tummy felt queazy. I vomited on my on birthday and had to cancel dinner plans for yet another heavy dinner. But, it was a good choice cos I managed to enjoy comfort food from A-one Claypot. It was so frigging satisfying.
We had:-
  1. Dried Scallop with Frog's Meat Porridge
  2. La-la White Beehoon (Hubby said I shouldn't eat it given my tummy but I didn't care :) )
  3. Homemade beancurd with "Chai-po" in Hong Kong-style sauce (The Chai-po is fried which is something I didn't really like that much)

My parents didn't ask for much. The only thing they insisted was that we bring home 8 oranges and to be home in auspicious colours. I don't usually go to NTUC that often, but I managed to pick through sheeer eyepower some decently juicy oranges. (Bought 9 cos it was cheaper in 3s haha) and had to borrow a shirt of the hubby cos I have not much auspicious clothes.

Our in-laws also gave me some stuff to bring home. And my parents gave me some wedding gifts to "tide over bad times". The ditzy blonde in me sort of then concluded getting married is a good thing cos you get a lot of presents. :D <3


At night, my Dad bought us out for dinner at Peach Garden @ OCBC Centre. He was dying to go there for the longest time. I also noticed that my Dad kinda of dote on his new son-in-law. My Dad actually really wanted to eat the seafood fried rice. But when I told him, my hubby really like to eat Ee-fu mian. My Dad changed the order immediately. (-_-) He doesn't even treat his daughter half as well.

I think we over-ordered as well cos it is a happy occasion :P Overall, I felt that the food was a bit on the salty side. But it could be well because of my tummy instead. 3 days married, and I still love every moment of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment