Friday, October 12, 2018

Lime: Thrill of the Grill Review


It was a very exciting weekday for me because I have been binging a lot on the weekends...and on the weekday, I still continue to eat good. ParkRoyal on Pickering brings me a lot of good memories because one of my BFFs married here. So I like to think that I know this place pretty well. Also, the Lime Restaurant is dope.

I have heard a lot of good things about their buffet. And one of them is about the selection. Recently, I featured a post about the Thrill of the Grill, which includes BBQ food in their series. So for the benefit of you, I am going to try it for myself...and grow fat for you.


I didn't really try everything on the menu. But I think I tried what most carnivores would be interested in. Personally I think there are some hits and misses. But the hits do leave you wanting more. The BBQ process is pretty simple. You just have to pick your food and leave your tag with the chef. Once it is grilled, the food will be delivered to you.

But as you know, Lime has so much to try. You really do need to save some space in your tummy for the other goodies. I didn't try any of the grilled vegetables. But for the meats, please go for the pork belly, lamb, chicken and sausage. The pork belly in particular was exceptional. <3 Kinda of regretted I only took one.


I have to admit that the variety was so much. Even though I ate of every dish, I still didn't manage to try everything. T.T We didn't manage to try the Asian cuisine, the oyster omelette and the rosti, so look out for my next post ok!

I am quite a seafood person and I have to say the seafood bar isn't the most outstanding for Lime. The seafood is relatively fresh. But it lacks the succulent that leaves you satisfied. Personally I would suggest giving it a miss unless you really want to "eat back your value".


But if it was me, I will just have repeated servings of what I like. And now drumrolls please, these are some of the food you should not miss at Lime.
  1. Risotto - It was definitely the best I ever had. I exclaimed "sedap" so loudly that the other table told the girls to get a plate for themselves too.
  2. Chilli Crab Pasta - I swear the pasta is cooked to perfection. The spiciness and sweetness just blends together so well. Psss...the crabmeat from the Seafood Bar taste divine with this!
  3. Laksa - Everyone loves a good bowl of laksa. This one is traditional and has the "kupness" (thickness) I like. 
  4. Pumpkin Soup - I have to say Lime is impeccable when it comes to the Western cuisine. Do remember to spam the almond flakes and you would have a soup to remember. Yum.

And if you are more of a Cheena person, don't worry cos they have the traditional double boiled soup too. If you like peppery bak kut teh, the one at Lime is not too bad. We also had some local delights such as DIY rojak, with fried charcoal fritters. Lux max! You can also make your own keuh Pie Tee too!

I think most Singaporeans usually don't go for the Cheese Board. But you know what, you are seriously going to regret it if you miss some nibbles. The Cheese is incredibly yummy, especially if you pair it with the dried fruits. I think all the cheese are quite palatable and are not overly pungent.


Generally, the desserts selection at buffets never disappoint. What stood out at Lime was the Nonya Kuehs, durian puree and the avocado dessert. The Nonya are mini-sized so you don't have to worry about not being able to finish it. There is also a table of tibits and snacks.

The ice cream selection was a bit too small for my liking. Go for the Chocolate and Sesame cos in my opinion, they are the best! And if you are a fan of avocado, gulp down the avocado-gula melaka concoction like its a drink and you are sure to end your day right.

And with that I come to the end of my post, I hope I didn't leave you readers too hungry. If you would like to try the Thrill of the Grill, it is only until 21 Oct! The usual favourites will still be there all your round!

No comments:

Post a Comment