Sunday, October 28, 2018

Flavour Favours: Best Traditional Cookies

If your wedding venue is a hotel, lucky you. Because almost everything will be covered for by the hotel. But if have picked a cafe, restaurant etc. instead, sometimes you really need to settle the wedding favours yourself. But don't fret because I have a good recommendation to intro!

For my overseas banquet, the restaurant didn't provide any favours so we thought we would bring some in from Singapore. It is a different pastry shop from the one my hubby used for the Guo Da Li, and I think the one I picked, Flavour Favours was far more superior.


To be specific, there was a few things about them that was really outstanding:-
  1. The packaging - There was a nice fusion of modern and traditional and there was a variety of designs to pick from. It looks great as deco as well. We displayed the flavours on the side table on the wedding itself and they looked awesome on their own. Pss, I even pick a box for souvenir. Hehe.
  2. The sizes - There are different sizes so you can select the types/numbers of cookies to be placed in each box. Usually, for Guo Da Li, the Chinese tend to use bigger boxes. But I think this would work better instead, as the cookies are packed separately, this can be distributed better among the families. 
  3. The cookies - This is so good, it deserves a whole paragraph of its own. Nowadays, it is really difficult to find good, yummy traditional cookies. The bakery engaged by Flavour Favours I would have to say is probably I have tasted since my teenage years. It was so delicious, even my picky, elderly relatives were full of praises for it. 

My relatives were also particularly impressed because we made the effort to find traditional Chinese Cookies. The older folks were ranting to my Dad how the youngsters nowadays are full of short-cuts, using the western cakes instead as substitutes. Good thing, I picked the Gong Tang, Yun Pian Gao and Bean Paste Pastry from Flavour Favours for my wedding favours.
  1. Gong Tang - It was soft and flaky (as it should). It reminded me of my childhood days where my Grandma would buy some for me.
  2. Yun Pian Gao - I don't see many much of this in Singapore. I remember loving it as a kid and liking it less as I grew older cos the quality wasn't there. But this one was soft and fluffy. It re-kindled a lot of fond memories and old love for this snack.
  3. Sweet Bean Paste Pastry - This is one of my favourite snacks and I have tried a lot of it, so I know a good one when I eat one. The one from Flavour Favours is smaller than the usual one from the market place. But it was extremely well made. The paste was consistent and the skin had the flakiness as though it was freshly baked. It is so good, I may just bought a dozen of it on its own just to eat eat them. Highly recommend.

If I really have to pick something to be unhappy about, the fresh period is quite short. But I guess there was to ensure that this is fresh. It was also so delicious that my relatives kept asking if there were any extras...this is a good problem though. :D

So brides out there, don't be like me. For Guo Da Li, please pick Flavour Favours. It will keep your relatives happy and CNY reunions more enjoyable :P

**Psss...at least no one is intending to complain about my wedding efforts during family unions. #Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment