Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Talia: A touch of Swarovski

I was told that my hairdo and accessories for my white gown was breathtakingly true to my fun nature yet maintaining decorum of a bride. So I felt it was only fair I shared a little about it with you. Frankly, hairdo and its accessories wasn't the top of my prioirty. I was just lucky to meet people who made it the top of their priority.

My look for my solemisation went for the regal and pure bridal look. Initially, I wanted to do a low bun, but my hair stylist wanted everyone to see my hair accessory, cos as she put it was too beautiful to be hidden. This particular set of hair accessory was rented from Talia.


Talia handcrafts all their accessories and is particularly deft with the use of Swarovski crystals. Compared to the other hair accessories provided by the bridal studios, the Swarovski elements in this set brings a more elegant sparkle. It is very simple, but still catches your eye with its delicateness.

Initially, when I was discussing the design with Talia, my vision was something with a bit more colours - mainly pastel blue and pink. But Talia convinced me otherwise. And I have to say for the pure, fresh bridal look. Nothing works finer than white. I feel in love with the design at first sight.


Hana Crochet Design provided the crocheted petals for this design. And I have to say nobody brings out the realism of flowers as good as them. I am so lucky to have it for my wedding. The white, transparent crystals reminded me of the morning dew. With the petals and crystals entwined together, it reminds me the of the white flowers on branches in the wee morning, ready to blossom. <3

Coincidentally for my first march-in, my stylist decided to use fresh baby-breaths. But you can see from the photos, the flowers made by the crystals and crocheted petals looks lux and don't pale when compared with the fresh flowers. Guess I really did blossom in love. :P


Much as I like to think, there was a story behind the hairdo and accessory. The only reason why we didn't use the crystals again for the first march-in because my stylist thought she just couldn't let me march-in twice with the same hair accessories. Plus, she wanted a more fun and natural look for the banquet itself.

Although I won't say I ranked hair and accessories that high in my prioirty list, it still felt darn good when people told me how much they like my hair (and how much effort I put into it!) And best of all, I felt good and awesome in my hairstyles. And a confident bride means more beautiful photos on the day itself! If you like my design, you can also rent it from Talia. They do have other hair accessories such as crowns etc. for rental as well...and if you don't like any of it, you could always design something fancy yourself *winks*

No comments:

Post a Comment