Saturday, December 22, 2018

Marina Bay Carnival


Generally, I have always been pretty kind and mostly supportive of events held in Singapore. But, the Marina Bay Carnival was rather disappointing. I am not sure if the hype last year made me had overly high expectations for it. This is the first year I am there by the way, and I thought it was kinda of boring.

The rides, to be honest, were pretty generic and very, very pricey. S$10 ++ for a thrilling ride. Take 7 and I can probably go to Universal Studio Singapore (with unlimited rides) and shows too. Just in case, you are wondering, I took 2 rides.


The first ride I took was Mach 5, the thriller of last year. Saw Benjamin Kheng from Sam Willows on the ride before me and felt <3 <3 <3 I took it with the hubby. I thought I should be the braver and stronger one between us 2. But, throughout the ride, all I heard was my own screams. Halfway, I thought I am pretty much done with it. Hubby ended up K-Oing. 

My second ride was Freak Out. According to my brother, this was a new ride. I bumped into my primary school classmate on this and after so many years, our first meeting ended up in screams. I thought this was wayyyy worse than the first ride. And when I saw my paper bag with my prize being blown away by the force of the swing of this ride, the fear was pretty well. I came down giddy and couldn't really walk straight. T.T


By now, I sort of figured out the rides were so pricey because the duration was longer than normal thrill rides and by that I mean, is pass the optimum enjoyment period. It made me, my brother and hubby felt shitty and certain we were definitely never taking these rides and not coming here again. 

We did try out a few of the games. And my brother won me a small prize in return for me sponsoring a ride for him. He came last year, and his verdict was...last year was bigger....hopefully next year they are not coming back. All in all, it was an utter waste of my time and I still feel queasy. Argh! And, I wish the influencers would stop lying about how great this is...cos it is not!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment