Sunday, January 13, 2019

Awesome Thai Food: Noodle Thai Thai Kitchen

You guys know how much I love Thai food. When it comes to affordable Thai food, everyone would think this particular shop which used to be at Shaw Tower. However, lately, that place is always overbooked and doesn't really allow reservations. So, I am very happy to chance upon Noodle Thai Thai Kitchen.

It serves a good variety of the usual favourites and also more the more uncommon dishes such as jade noodle, khao soi and stewed pork rib with longan. In addition, Noodle Thai Thai Kitchen, making it a very good place for gatherings.


We visited Noodle Thai Thai Kitchen on a Friday evening, and boy this place was packed around 8pm. And it every reason to be so. The food here was really yummy and the price was reasonable. It is conveniently located, 2 traffic lights down Bugis (the home of great malas and thai cuisine).

The interior of Noodle Thai Thai Kitchen was cosy. But what really impressed me most was the service staff. Okay, generally speaking, places that serve affordable and delicious Thai food always seem to have overly grouchy workers. But at Noodle Thai Thai Kitchen, the staff were very attentive to all the customers' needs and were fast to react and serve! *Thumbs up*


These are some of the food we tried and they are all good! From left to right, top to bottom:
  1. Signature Jade Noodle (Claypot Flower Clam) - $12.90: This is quite uncommon in Thai Restaurants. I always love spinach noodles and have a super soft spot for lala. So I am definitely coming back for this. 
  2. Northern Chang Mai Khao Soi - $7.90: Another uncommon dish. It is basically curry noodle. But unlike our local curry, there is a stronger coconut taste but has a much less spicy kick to it. Good for people who can't take spicy food. My bro loves it though it is not my thing. Everyone needs to try it at least once because it is just not served everywhere.
  3. Thai Style Moo Yang - $12: This dish is frigging addictive. And it taste really good with the sticky rice. Yes, they serve sticky rice here! It is also a good drinking snack, so please order it when you are there. I was really full when this was served, but I just can't stop eating. That's how good it was!
  4. Mango Salad - $8: A very decent dish and it is good to break the taste. The next time I am there, I promise I will try out other salads, ok!
  5. Stewed pork rib with longan - $7.90: My Dad akin this to rou gu cha with longan. Perfect food for rainy days and the longan brings out the sweetness in the soup. (I am going to throw in longans to all the soups I brew in future). By the way, this was the dish featured on Lian He Zao Bao. *winks*
  6. Thai Style Stir Fried Kangkong -$8 - Another uncommon dish and a great drinking snack. The sauce is amazing, so remember to dip them in, ok!

Although we didn't have any of the alcohol, the drinks met the mark for me. Thai drinks are usually very sweet. I have been trying to cut down a lot on my sugar intake and I am happy minus the sweetness, these drink are still awesome.
  1. Thai Lime Soda - $3.80: Not my thing, but my bro calls this the best drink!
  2. Thai Green Latte - $3.80: My favourite drink there, not too sweet and just nice for me. 
  3. Thai Milk Tea - $3.30: It still gives you the Thai Milk Tea goodness without being overpoweringly sweet.
  4. Thai Fresh Coconut - $4: Truly a young one, its meat was soft and tender while the juice was sweet.

Desserts isn't the strongest suit there. We tried the Jasmine Red Ruby ($5.90) and the Organic Sticky Rice with Thai Honey Mango ($7.90).  Before we end off the post, just wanted to do a quick share on an unbelievably good deal I heard while I was there.

If you are in the vicinity during lunch time on a weekday, you should die die make your way there. Because they have this amazing lunch promotion. For $6.90, you get a main, a drink and a dessert. Some of the favourite I have featured are also in this lunch promo list. Don't say I bojio, ok!

No comments:

Post a Comment