Sunday, April 21, 2019

Must-Eat at South Island

There's quite a bit of good food we had at New Zealand. Much to the contrary, it was not all fish & chip etc. We had quite a good variety and thought I should do a short post for 2 amazing finds we sort of bump into during our drive.

If you are wondering why there is only 2, that's because the rest are good, but not in anyway exceptional or have a good story such that you can't find it anywhere else in the world. Generally, the western food in NZ is above SG's standards. And the more pricey ones can even be equivalent of SG's atas restaurants in terms of quality, so don't scrimp while you are there!


Honestly, we didn't intend to stop by this touristy town for any food and drinks. But we were glad we grabbed a bite here. We shared a main and drink to share. Price-wise, it was slightly more expensive, but the food was really yummy. And what intrigued us the most was the story behind this place - murdur, woman rights etc.

I have to admit I may have spent more time reading the story plastered around the walls than the meal itself. And it doesn't hurt that the whole place was tudor decorated, very classy. Would have stayed longer and do a shoot there if I had more more time. :( #MoreInterestingThanAMuseum

 

This was just on the way to Wanaka and I have saved my tummy for all the fresh salmon here. I remembered it was a rainy day that day so we stayed indoors quite a while, watching the salmon hopping around in the pool (and yes salmons apparently can jump out of the pool), like wow.

Food-wise, if you are a huge fan of salmon, you will be awed by the variety of salmon-infused dishes. I wished I had more stomach space to try everything. But whatever we tried that, I have to say was absolutely yummy!!! Only place that is not too out of the way to see a salmon farm, so don't give it a miss!

No comments:

Post a Comment