Thursday, May 23, 2019

Funky Find: Mustafa Centre


Last weekend, we explored Mustafa Centre cos we were in the district. To those who are foreign, Mustafa Centre is a 24-hours shopping centre that sells everything. And by everything, I mean an amazing gigantic variety. Even though I am a Singaporean, this is my first time stepping into Mustafa Centre. And haha, I got lost inside.

This place was so big, I just wandered from one aisle to another, trying to find Poppadum chips. I didn't find my chips for the first half hour, and ended up picking a lot of other stuff...frigging crazy huh. And I felt so dizzy with the selection, I was more than ready to leave without my chips.


Can you imagine, there can be like 2 whole aisle filled with items of the same kind i.e. dates?!? I mean how many brands of dates are there! The good news is this place hold a lot of brands which NTUC or Sheng Shiong doesn't hold. If you really is out to find something and it is not in the supermarkets, you are likely to find it here. If it can't be found here, it probably can't be found anywhere else.

Price-wise, it is slightly cheaper than the online retail stores. But...I am not sure if I am willing to travel all the way there. And it can be a bit cramp and stifling inside with all the items and people.


Since I was there, I actually checked out the gold level. And it was very, very impressive. I do see myself buying a piece there in the future...hehe cos some of the designs are really nice. Gold may not be raging with the Chinese here, but it sure do with the Indians.

And if you are shopping there, be prepared to get your bags and other shopping bags cable-tied. I didn't get my bag cable-tied cos my bag is so transparent, you can see everything, LOL! All in all, it is really a great unique must-try experience. I will be back again, but I guess the question is how frequent, haha. In the end, I didn't even buy that much stuff cos it was just too exhausting to walk from one end to another.

No comments:

Post a Comment