Sunday, June 9, 2019

Seafood Feast at Parkroyal @ Kitchener Road


Mmm...yum what a spread right? If seafood buffet is your thing, you will be excited to know that the all-you-can-eat seafood buffet is back at Parkroyal @ Kitchener Road. Do note that this is a weekend thing, so if you want to enjoy the Fried Slipper Lobster Black Bean Sauce, Chili Crab with MantouBlack Pepper Crab and Salted Egg Crab, please don't pop by on a weekday.

I can assure you the food taste as good as it looks. Personally, my favourite were the fried slipper lobster (cos it is convenient to eat), followed by the salted egg crab, then the black pepper crab. The gravy of the chilli crab was not spicy enough for my liking. But the mantou was delish. I would have popped down a few of them if not for tummy space constraints.


Apart from the seafood, the buffet at Parkroyal @ Kitchener Road has a cook food station, Japanese station, Indian station, salad station, seafood desserts station (that includes a Chendol machine) and DIY Mocktail station. For the price point of $48 to $58 (depending whether it was lunch or dinner), I thought the selection was quite a spread.

I didn't get to try the salads and the seafood this time round because I filled myself with as much seafood I could (lol). But for what I did try, I think you can give the Japanese station and cook-food station a pass if you are not much of a eater. I have to say the local flavours such as the satay and XO beehoon fish soup at Spice Brasserie (the restaurant in Parkroyal @ Kitchener Road) are totally a notch above the rest, so try to save some space for them.


Parkroyal @ Kitchener Road is located in Little India, so it also provides a bit of the Indian cuisine for the guests to have a teaser. I had a bite here and there but it is good so don't cross them out. Other dishes I really like (which may not be in the collage) are the soups and the fried food station. The sambal chilli is awesome too by the way. I dipped my food in it quite unnecessarily at times because I love it so much. (Haiz)

In the Jap and Cook Food section, which I wasn't that big a fan of, the fried egg omelette was actually pretty good (didn't try yong tau fu by the way) and the sashimi was also quite alright if you are not picky. So you know what, just skip lunch, so that you can eat more for dinner...haha. Cos with the food I am recommending, you definitely cannot finish everything in 1 visit.


Only at Spice Brasserie, you have the most fun thirst-quencher. Don't worry non-alcoholics, it is just mocktails made by syrup and soda water. I have to say it was rather enjoyable to make your own blend. Psss, not all the syrups in the recipe are available, so be creative and make your own. Don't worry, cos most of the time you will be pleasantly surprised.

For me, I am just for the colours (so frivolous, I know) and I would pick more unique flavours which I think I would like. Yup, no particular strategy and they still taste good! Like I say, Spice Brasserie also has a chendol ice-making machine. But this girl here doesn't eat that much so I didn't "chendol-ed". Next time ok, I will share some tips and tricks when I try it out.


Spice Brasserie takes their desserts very seriously. Despite not having a big space, a good whole area is dedicated to the hot and cold desserts of Singapore. Whether you are in for cakes, kuehs, or sweet soups, there is something for everybody. On my lucky day, I found tau-suan in a pot, can you imagine it? Most buffets don't even serve that.

 We managed to squeeze in some vanilla ice-cream and durian pengat (which is as good as the one at Lime). I honestly regretted not starving the day before for this. But on a bright side, I managed to eat so much succulent crabs and lobsters #happy. Leaving you some more photos of them to make you guys jealous... Hehe. Only until 16 Aug hor, if you don't wanna miss it *slurps*

No comments:

Post a Comment