Saturday, January 25, 2020

Surprise Yourself with Hundred & Nine



Happy Chinese New Ears guys! (Hehe, pun intended!) I got my first ever surprise box from Hundred & Nine. I am quite impressed with the owner cos she got my taste pretty well. Even the "adventurous ear-goodies" were also within my "acceptable range". One of the sweetest owners I would say, cos each ear-rings came with 2 studs (another first for me).

If you are a frequent reader, you would know that I love changing my ears accessories to suit different occasions. Today, I found another place with great earrings designs. And...if you are on a tight budget, fret not, cos their price are pretty reasonable.


1. Daisy Ear Crawlers ($7.90)

I cheated a little here and requested for this piece and I am so glad I did cos this piece is gorgeous. I am something similar as a wedding gift from my mum. FYI, such pieces can be worn both ways either as a cuff or dangling down. But I always feel it defeats the purpose to wear it dangling downwards, so I always wear mine as a cuff.

It is a dainty and classy piece and I enjoy wearing to work. Sometimes, if I have something fancy after work, I would also pop this piece on cos it is just so versatile. Most importantly, it is only $7.90. Such a steal!



It seems like I am starting 2020 on a more sweet, docile vibe. Oops, I cheated again and this is another piece I explicitly stated was my style. Haha. It is a great piece, but I am a little swayed towards the daisy crawlers. Plus this piece is slightly more expensive too! :P

I personally think that this earring may have some imitations in the market but the crystals won't be as shiny as this set. For something so tiny, it is rather sparkly and eye-catching. 



This is the first surprise from my Surprise Box. Honestly, I am quite surprised to like it that much. It is a very interesting design and I really love playing with he dangling tail. In fact, I think I might even like this piece more than the Moon-Star Drop Earring. I guess it is true that someone might even know you more than you know yourself. 

As a fan of the mystics myself, I think if you have any friends who love the imaginary hocus pocus, this would make a very lovely, classy piece for them. Plus, it doesn't quite burn a hole in your pockets. 


4. Fiesta Bauble Studs ($8.90)

This is my favourite in the whole selection. And there is no reason not to love it. First of all, the design is extraordinarily unique. The baubles are filled with sparkly beads and a frozen rose. The catchment is also quite mind-boggling. There is this rubber material that can make way for the stud. So no matter how many times you poke it, there won't be any additional holes. 

I had a mini modeling gig and wore this set. My colleagues kept commenting I might have worn the wrong way. The thing is you can wear either the big bauble or small bauble in front. But it will look more easy on the eye if you keep the big bauble in front Haha. Apart from the festive red, I find the pastel pink quite a romantic piece suited for V-day! *winks* You know what to get, boys!



My last surprise piece didn't quite grow on me. Don't get me wrong, it is a pretty and elegant piece. But I think Druzy still ain't my thing. If both of the sides were the dangling pearls, this might fly up on my list to one of my favourite dangling favs. In fact, I might even have a piece like this made from real pearls. 

But you know what, one woman's disdain might be another woman's love. This piece was an apple of my mother's eye. So I guess you know whose ears you will be seeing them on in future. Maybe Druzy are more mature crystals that I may eventually love in life. You might see me snatching them back from my Mama. :P The next time you purchase your ear candies, go ask for a surprise box! It will stretch you to try out more styles and there is always somewhat guaranteed euphoria in surprises :D

Update: Quote "ChaaYen15" for a 15% discount storewide. 

No comments:

Post a Comment