Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Food Tour 17: Favourites

The foodie in me strikes again. Either it is more stress or more me-time, all this pretty much translates to more time to eat out! But today, I thought it would be interesting to share a bit more about my usual hang-outs. You see more of me there simply because it is nearer to my house and hehe...it is just more convenient.



Shh...this is my go-to place to curb my western food. This place serves restaurant standard at a super affordable price. It is always packed so we always ta-bao. My favourite so far have been the bangers and mash. The pasta is amazing too and so is their fish and chipss. Usually, I end up spending quite a bit while I am there cos the the food is so good and the price is so reasonable. If you hop around the west, don't give this a miss.



This is my favourite bubble tea chain thus far. Ever since I tasted their Cassia Black Tea with Mousse, I have been a fan. The funny thing is that I can never pronounce the Chinese name properly and I have ordered wrongly a few times. The staff is always kind enough to change the order for me. Chi Cha San Chen have quite a few outlets by now. 

But I am so glad they opened a store in the West. First of all, it is now closer to home. Secondly, hehe, the Westies doesn't seem to know how good it is yet so the queue is comparitively shorter than the other outlets. And I love how they freshly brew each and every cup right before your very eyes. Considering I am paying about the same price as other bubble tea, I do feel that I got a better value!



So the Hubs heard fabulous review about the NY Night Market and told me to try it out. I think he actually meant try it with him. But me being me, didn't. I went with another friend and boy was the meal good. If you are into savory goodness and is alright with fusion food, this will tickle your tastebud. Even their drink selection was discount. Plus, it was on shopback Go so must discounts!

We ended our meal at my favourite dessert place - Lady M. No other place beats their cakes and tea. And with its fancy interior, it makes me understand why the British love their tea-time. :P Coincidentally, all these places are in the West again! Once the virus clears, I am sure we will see more food reviews from other areas. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment