Wednesday, July 1, 2020

8 Durian: Best Durians Ever!

I am a huge fan of durians, yum! But I have to admit it is so hard to find quality durians. This year, I was initially planning to skip the whole season cos I was very afraid of gestational diabetes and I really didn't want baby to be over-sized.

But durians is truly a cravings of mummies because my Mummy Group Chat had mothers posting and talking about durians almost on a daily basis. I wouldn't say I caved in, but I sort of reasoned with myself - a few hoots won't hurt. I must absolutely make those calories count. And since I was also eating for two, it made sense to up the budget a bit.


We got our servings from 8 Durian. If you  want the process to be fuss-free, going online for durians is quite a good option. (Psst: 8 Durian promises a full refund if their durians are late or if it taste unsatisfactory) On my day of order, Red Prawn was out of stock. Bumped. So we settled for AAA Grade and Orh-Kim. This was actually my first time trying Orh-Kim and given its price, I did have quite high expectations of it. 

The delivery came within the requested time slot and each box of durians were fresh and well-sealed. Even though it was sealed, you could smell the aromatic goodness of the durians. We could barely resist the temptation to wait for everyone to be home to share these divine goodness. 


As an expecting woman, I have to say I really appreciated that the boxes were delivered to my house and I could consume the durians in the comfort of my own home, whenever I want. To be honest, nobody in my family is skilled at choosing durians. So, to receive boxes of quality-picked durians makes life a lot of easier. My only regret was picking only a box of the Black Gold. Dang, the Black Gold is possibly one of the best durian I had in my life, and I only had two miserly hoots in total T.T

For those who have never tasted Black Gold before, it is basically a sweeter and creamier version of the Mao Shan Wang. If you have a penchant of stronger taste, Black Gold is for you. For my family, we are geared towards the Black Gold. This is also one of the times I hate that I am pregant cos on normal days, I probably can finish half a box on my own. But because of baby, I had to exercise self restraint. The good news is that each durian is so fleshy with a tiny seed, I feel like I actually ate a bit more than what I set for myself. 


I hope 8 Durian is coping well with their orders because the big mouth in me went to share the site with other Mums. No pregnant lady should be wrestling to open the thorny shells of the king of the fruits, it is such a sin! Plus there is free delivery for orders above S$100, so even a ulu place like mine can get to eat good, yummy durians too!

I hope baby grows up to love durians too! I will be so bummed if he doesn't but at least I got him to taste it in me :P

No comments:

Post a Comment