Friday, February 5, 2021

No longer a low supply mummy (Feat. Milk for Bubs)

 I decided to pen this post because I wanted to give hope to other mummies out there. If you have been following my grouses and journey, you would know I started as a low supply (supplementing about 25% to 50% of formula milk). After my confinement, I fell sick and my supply dipped. By the the 3rd month, I am proud to share that our little one is fully on breastmilk. 

My supply is "just-nice", which means that if I slack off too many pumps, I would probably still have to rely on formula milk. So far, we are still doing well because I try to take boosters such as lactation cookies. I have also stopped pumping on a 3-hour basis for the night and only pump after baby has his night feeding (he is not sleep-trained by the way.)


Not all boosters work very well for me, but the cookies from Milk for Bubs ($19 each packet) was particularly yummy and effective. I truly had problems to stop eating to the extent I actually grew obviously rounder...oops. Milk for Bubs is quite generous in the ingredients and the cookies were a good mouth-size and not crumbly. You can just pop it into your mouth as a midnight snack. :D

Personally, I preferred the taste of the chocolate oats cookies but weirdly the white chocolate almonds cookies were very addictive, I had more problems stopping when I was eating the white chocolate almonds cookies. Maybe it is because these cookies are made from top quality ingredients like grass fed butter and fortified flour. Low GI brown sugar is used for the bakes so that is less sinful. 


Milk for Bubs also sell granolas ($15 each packet). I eat it as a cereal, however it is not as effective for me although there is increase in milk (probably because I drink a lot of fresh milk along with me). These granola are a healthier version. It does not contain any refined sugars and is made with 100% all natural processed ingredients. For those who are curious, the lactation ingredients added for the goodies at Milk for Bubs includes natural and organic ingredient such as coconut oil, brewers yeast (100% halal sourced and certified), flaxseed and wheat germ!

If boosters doesn't work for you (my other boosters are milk, sashimi and fish soup), you can always try supplements such as fernugreek. I have checked with my gynae and it works for most women. If all these fails, you can always get your gynae to prescribe motilium for you. One thing I realise about mummies is that sometimes we don't speak to medical professionals enough. Personally, I find it very useful to consume when the period threatens to come and end your breastfeeding journey prematurely. 

Hope this post helps all other low-supply breastfeeding mummies out there. :D 
*
*
*
Follow "Breastfeeding Journey" tags for tips to make the breastfeeding experience bearable!

No comments:

Post a Comment