Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Surviving a wedding with a toddler and baby

 


A few years back when I got hitched, one of my BFFs actually brought her little girl (slightly less than 1 yo) to my wedding. And I wondered...why did she look so "joyless" in most of the photos. Recently, I just attended a family wedding - sick and with 2 kids in tow. Half of the photos had me looking drained and soul-less. Guess I am no better. 

To be honest, even though it was basically a 3/4 day event. I was stressed 3-4 days ahead. Especially when my son fell sick, I was quite afraid he couldn't fulfill his ring-bearer duty. And when I went down, I was afraid I couldn't effectively direct him.


But thank god, he was really cooperative that day. Even though he was still under the weather, he looked pretty good in all his photos. My makeup and hair was also on point. And they were all done by a dear friend. She was so professional she even did a trial for me, hehe. It has been quite a long time since I looked that good. 

My dress is from Ans.ein. I have quite a few pieces from them and has been wearing for multiple occassions. Hehe. Yes, I love batik prints/ nonya vibes. So if you are a brand that is along this line. Do hit me up. Willing to do sponsorships cos I am such a sucker for such pieces. Hehe. 


Am I ever going to bring 2 kids ever to a wedding? Definitely not in the near future. It was so tiring and I even missed a pump session. I lost my smile pretty much halfway during the wedding, lol. I guess it would be easier if they are older. FYI, as the host family, I had my husband, in laws and the whole kampung with me and still I found it hard. So it is probably not the amount of help but the age of the kids that was the problem. 

Pretty glad the whole wedding is over because I am dead beat. Now to less tiring content haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment