Wednesday, October 4, 2023

The New Palawan Beach - Splash Tribe

The new Palawan Beach had a minor makeover and I am so excited by the Hydro Dash and HyperDrive. But because I have 2 liabilities, we are here only for Splash Tribe - the beach club for families. To set some expectations straight, the people who come here are very appropriately dressed and don't sashay around in sexy bikinis. Most people there are parents with children so they generally have basic common sense. 

Before coming, I did do slight "research" on social media. This place is a lot smaller than it looks. Nothing much - there are 2 slots, either at 10am or 2pm. But it doesn't make sense to come at either timing because the sun would kill us. We came at 4.30pm and left at 6:30pm. Honestly, 2 hours were more than sufficient


The highlight is a giant sandcastle structure that has pouring water and 2 slides - 1 fully enclosed. My toddler only took the open slides twice. I took each slide once and I could understand why he didn't really want to take more than once. The open slide was pretty fast and exhilarating. Water went into my nose. For the enclosed slide, there was a point my claustrophobia was acting up. It was very dark in the long tunnel. I was slightly petrified. 

My baby was slightly panicky around the structure as we stupidly stood under a pail which overturn water all over us. The beach club basically works by having a minimum spending charge with an additional S$10 per pax. As our children were under 5 (and couldn't fully enjoy the facilities), they didn't have to pay the per pax charge. If you have toddlers like me, it would be advisable to bring their own bath toys. 


Depending on the seats you choose, the minimum spending charge would be adjusted accordingly. As we chose the dining table, we only need to spend $50. It was quite easy to hit as the food prices were on the higher end. Overall, we spent only around $70+ which I thought was still pretty reasonable. If you are planning to make a trip there, would propose that you come on a weekday as it is less crowded and you can walk in

If you plan to book the gazebos for any parties, tip: the online system only opens one month before and you can't call to book. It is extremely difficult to book for weekends because trust me, I tired. Hope this review is useful for you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment