Wednesday, July 30, 2025

Hits Within MiaoLi

Miao Li was beautiful a laidback place which I really much needed. It is quite under-rated given the number of attractions it have there. 



Someone should really give the tourism board a medal for this attraction. It transform the whole town to a place which the kids/ adults look forward to. It used to be be just driving to the Longteng Bridge for a quick photo. And now it is an whole attraction itself. The route is scenic and there are things to see. Also, it is intriguing to see how they "u-turn" the train. You can grab some souvenirs/ snacks as they are doing it. 

For parents with toddlers, they are extremely strict about the age/ height of the children at the ticket counter. They checked their height and passport multiple times when we were purchasing the tickets. To be honest, the ride isn't that dangerous. To avoid disappointment, come only when your children are older than 3 years old. Or buy your tickets through a day tour online hereMiaoli Day Tour



The train ends near the bridge. And we ended up taking lots of photos there. Personally, architecture of such fascinates me so I tend to spend a lot of time there. Taking the rail bike to the bridge was a way better option than taking a taxi there because of how novel the rail bike is. I don't think you need to stay long (cos my kids were bored with me walking in, out and under), but it is definitely a must check out. 



XinShe Castle was a recommended place by the driver. When we reached, it was very deserted. Personally, I found it a beautiful place - great for DIY wedding photoshoots or any form of photoshoots. My biggest grouse was that I didn't know we would be going and hence I didn't even coordinate/ dress for the occasion. Also, he dropped me with less than 2 hours to the closing time. 

The compound was pretty vast. If you enjoy curated gardens, this is a pretty place to wander. I just felt my time was too short here. But I am sure you all will enjoy this gem. 
*
*
*
** If you are travelling from Taipei/ not well-versed in mandarin, would suggest to book via Klook. Otherwise, to book direct from their official website for better prices. Use the discount code "BABYNFAMKLOOK" when you book through Klook for a 5% Discount. Applicable to All Klook Activities with min. spend of SGD50. Discount capped at SGD15. 

No comments:

Post a Comment