Tuesday, April 28, 2026

WholeSnail: Snail Tour in Singapore

Not for the faint-hearted, because 50% of the people in our family refused to touch the cute little snails. Lol! Prior to the experience, I only love eating escargots. I am not a fan of the garden snail. But after meeting and learning more about them on a tour at WholeSnail, I am utterly in love with them and ready to rear a few as pets. 

WholeSnail is Singapore's first commercial farm and offer a tour as part of education. The discovery tour is around 60 minutes starting with a sharing session and short tour around the farm (i.e. the facility is pretty small) and ends off with contact with their snails. From the photos, you could probably tell who was the excited ones in the family. 

The tours are pretty expensive at the moment (S$25 per pax), but it is really quite an eye-opener. We even got to see some snail eggs! (And quite frankly, I am just keen to support alternative start-ups). If your CC ever plans a trip there, you might be able to get it at a much discounted price. No regrets in spending the S$100, you can even pick up some merch (which we didn't). 

Currently, there are no sales of escargots to the market. But, you can grab a buttered packet home to taste. It retails around S$24 for 10. I find the texture more chewy than what we can get outside. The husband prefers the flavoured ones at the restaurants, but this works for me. Can't wait to have some pet snails already (LOs think I am rearing to eat them, haha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment