Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Thinx is cool

I came across this really cool period product - Thinx. Waited so long for the period to come so that I could give it a go. I think some of you may have heard of them on other platforms. I have inserted 2 videos here because they have seemingly did rigorous testing on it. (One of a local Asian perspective and another of a more international perspective.)



So, a little bit more about Thinx, which I thought it was a very cool concept. Firstly, I think it is environmentally friendly cos you can wash and re-use it. Secondly, I like that it is not a product you have to insert into your vagina. Cos there scares me silly and I always wonder if that would break the hymen.

Thirdly, it is more comfortable not having to wear a bulky pad especially when you are doing sports. Lastly, it is more aesthetically pleasing to not have a pad line when dressed in something tight.


I tried out the hiphugger (S$34) and I love the undies. It was soft and comfy. There was no leakage (I used it on a light day though) and there was no musty smell. The only drawback was that the fabric sort of flaked on me? Washing was simple as well since you just had to rinsed out the blood.

Of course, it is recommended that you use it with menstrual cup and tampons. But I am definitely not doing that. The interior is black and you will never see your own blood and freak out. No wetness too!
There is also quite a number of designs available for you to build a cycle set. Personally, I would be more than happy to use them as daily undies if the price wasn't on the expensive side. The activewear is quite affordable, in comparison. And I probably may try one out soon since I am into an active lifestyle now.

For now, I am happy that my bedsheets remain clean and unstained. My flow is always unnaturally heavy. Have a wonderful period, ladies. I hope you adore this product as much as I do. Let's create a fandom! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment