Thursday, August 16, 2018

Gatecrash Ideas

I finally squeezed out some time to work on my wedding planning again. Gah, all this planning is killing me. I am just so tired, mainly because my parents are making me clean up and pack the entire house. I still have (in my opinion) probably 3 weekends of stash to go through and I am not even home for 3 out of the 5 remaining weekends. Argh.

So, I finally got down to thinking what I want for the Gatecrash. Just for those who don't know, for Chinese weddings, there will be this segment where the groom and his guy buddies will go through several "fun" challenges set by the bridemaids to win the bride. :) You can't win without a fight right :P


I wanted the games to be more meaningful than humiliating, so I was pretty pleased when I found this online. My friends complained that overall my games are too easy. But, hey too hard, later he backed out how?!? LOL. Kidding, I just think that the whole purpose is to have some good memories to remember.

So I shared with my parents this and they were pretty excited for it. The thing is my parents love taking photos. The BF less so. They rarely have any planned shots together, and hence my parents were very pleased with the idea of having this exclusive shot with their "new son".


To up the challenge, I thought it would be cool to do some yoga poses. My parents are so supportive they have even started doing stretches everyday~ MUHAHAHA.

Another challenge which my friends insisted to do was the Suan Tian Ku La Challenge as it represents all flavours in life. Personally, I am not quite a fan of this cos this challenge upsets the stomach and is too mainstream, but the BFFs insisted that this is meaningful, plus I guess the girls needa have their fun.


Speaking of fun, this is what I call true pure joy, bringing the boys back to their childhood or the childhood they wished they had. The BF can vent out some anger and negative energy before the wedding. And I hope the photographer can get a nice explosive shot of the bursting of the piñata. Gorgeous!

If any of you are looking for a piñata either for your wedding or a birthday party, please check out Oh Piñata. Ours come with a string pull so in case the boys can't hit it in time. Haha. Oh Piñata can also customised other designs. She did suggest the heart, but I thought it wasn't too auspicious to break hearts on a wedding day...One things I know for sure I will be definitely be breaking the hearts of some single men. :P


Cos time is kinda of a rush, the BF will prolly have an extreme make-over in one of the challenge. Just in case, you think he is going to end up looking clownish, it is quite the opposite. It is to transform him to look presentable for the wedding. LOL...Well, he doesn't exactly enjoy getting his brows trimmed. Guess this may be quite a spiteful experience for him *Thumbs up for me*

And last but not least, I think I will make him create an art for me. He has always been showering me with material goods so something handmade should be cute and worth treasuring. Not sure how interesting his so called "10 commandments" will be. That's all the brilliance I have conjured out for my own gatecrash...you can steal a game or 2 cos I am a nice bride *winks*

No comments:

Post a Comment