Saturday, February 3, 2024

Food Tour 42: More food reviews

It is not just date nights. My line of work also allow me to enjoy good food, so I thought why not do a review on them as well. I hate bad calories and I definitely do not want anyone of you to have to go through those. Ewwww. Some of the food places we go to is definitely because it is more interesting, but sometimes interesting doesn't mean good. :'(



This place for me was truly disappointing. I googled on the place before going and I was so impressed with the exterior and interior of the place. Plus the fusion durians treats did look impressive. I even set aside money to buy extra sets home for my family and friends. I believe what I had that day was the afternoon tea set ($39 for 2 pax). 

The snacks were not nice at all even though the display sure was pretty. I left the place without buying anything extra. Maybe they are more famous for their durian cakes and I was just there for the wrong thing. Or perhaps my expectations were set too high. In any case, I probably won't be going back again. There is just that much heartbreak I can take when it comes to the king of fruits. 



I did quite a bit of research on this one and it had rather good reviews. Just a caveat, I have no idea how Swiss food is supposed to taste like. We literally went there because we were extremely curious. This was the set meal and it is not cheap. To be honest, I don't like the food at all. It just taste odd and doesn't go well with my Singaporean taste buds. Is Swiss food an acquired taste? I can tell they use pretty exquisite ingredients and did not shortchange it that aspect.



I thought I will take the opportunity to talk about my favourite Vegetarian restaurant yet again. (You can read my other review on them here.) But this time round, I wanted to highlight their special menu. I sign up as a member so I can get them at a preferential rate. Generally, if any friends or colleagues is open to vegetarian food, I will bring them there because it is served on a course basis and each dish is so exquisitely executed. You won't even feel like you are taking a Vegetarian meal

In my photos, this was the the 6-Course Peranakan Set ($38.80). It includes:
  • Trio Peranakan Appetiser 娘惹开胃三拼
  • Winged Bean Salad 四棱豆沙拉
  • Shroom Ball Soup 菌菇丸子汤
  • Golden Ngoh Hiang 金黄五香
  • Curry Rendang Monkey Head Mushroom w/ Turmeric Rice 咖喱猴头菇姜黄饭
  • Classic Chendol 经典煎蕊
As usual, it was super satisfying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment