Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Tote Bag with Pins Project

With the coronavirus raging, I am truely barely in the mood for anything. Events are on stand-still and I am pretty much at home avoiding the crowd half the time. Boring. Bleh. And it doesn't help I have a sick stomach. Even more excuse for the loved ones to make me stay at home sobs.

Fortunately, I still can do some home reviews lol to keep me entertained. After seeing my friend with some cool pins and badges on her bag, I have to say that obsession of mine creating something like that is real! Oops.


I caught some pretty cute and reasonably-priced enamel pins at Okiecopins. Most places sell them for $12 a piece and erms I am definitely paying that sort of price because a bag probably needs 10-20 pieces and that is going to cost me a bomb. At Okiecopins, you can find pieces lesser than $10 so I am totally sold.

The yellow "Hello Badge" I named it "Get a Friend". It is quite a decent first day of school accessory especially for those who are shy. If you can't say hello to you, at least wear something that makes someone say hello to you. I think it is quite a cute piece for customer service staff too. Looking fashionably amiable...hehe


This is my favourite piece in the whole collection because I didn't really see hot air balloon at first. I saw a puffer fish. The cresent moon was the eye and the hot air balloon was the fish. Just in case you wonder, the default position of my pins are on my tote bag. But when I am wearing something plain, I will pluck one off my bag. :P

This puffer fish is really my favourite because it has so many colours. It means that it can pair with everything and at the same time it is so colourful, your eye just catch it when you glance me over. So far it has been spending more time off the tote but I think that ain't too bad. 


Even with my third floral pin, I have to say my bag still look pretty sparse with 3 pins only. I have to say this is a long term project and I will probably be spending a good deal of time and money hunting cheap and pretty enamel pins down. When I am done with my bag, maybe I will start on a demin jacket. Haha ambitious. 

Meanwhile, I just can't wait for the epidemic to die down. I am just so sick and tired watching reports on it. There is really more to life than virus and you know what all our lives need to move on. Pfft!

No comments:

Post a Comment