Wednesday, August 2, 2017

A Smarter Home: 6 reasons why I need Steigen

Recently, I have been writing a lot on must-haves for your house/room/dorm that can either beautify your room or help you with your chores. I have another "lobang" to share today. If you are looking forward to having a "smart home", this is probably one of things you should have! Wish this was invented earlier, when I was having my exchange. It would have made my life a whole lot easier.

Presenting to you Steigen, the automated indoor laundry system. In short, this system can help to quicken the drying process and lift the poles with a quick press of the button. It is particularly relevant to the elderly, big families and people who cannot lift heavy loads temporarily (after an operation or during pregnancy).

To make this post less heavy and technical, I thought I would approach this in a more light-hearted manner while embedding the facts in the subsequent content. :D

6 reasons why I need Steigen


1. It uses less energy than my fridge!

Quite honestly, I have been looking at my fridge differently ever since, bearing slight grudges for the amount of energy it consumes. LOL! But Singaporeans being Singaporean, we are always kiam siap, and when I was looking at the functions, I was also wondering about the potential big hole in my pocket.

Now that I know hey it actually doesn't consume that much energy, Steigen is actually a pretty darn good alternative for a dryer, fan and wardrobe combined. Hehe. And this brings me to my next point.


2. It is multi-functional.

I can already see at least 4 uses for this already!

A. The fan - It isn't that strong in the models available. But if the newer versions become stronger, you can double this up as a fan and save some money on having a fan in your "yard".

B. The dryer - As mentioned earlier, this uses even less energy than a dryer! Kaching Kaching! If the intensity is high enough, I see a potential tanning machine! Wahaha!

C. The light - Here's another cost saving cos you don't have to install a separate light and you can do your laundry at night (This is a function available in all the models!)

D. Expendable - Basically, you can hang a full machine load using hangers. But if you are washing bedsheets etc., or have an extra heavy load, the expendable function is pretty useful. :D But when I see this, or I see was an expendable wardrobe!

D again. The Expendable Wardrobe - If you don't have a lot of clothes, this should just double up as your main wardrobe. You can just keep all your clothes up! Or if you have too much clothes like me, this is going to be your secondary wardrobe! Hehe.


3. There is not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 models to choose from.

I really the fact there are choices. Basically, the models look pretty similar. (All of them are equally sleek!) Depending on what you need for your household, you can pick and select the models that is the most suited for you! If you don't have a lot of laundry, some of you may not need the heater function. Some of us may feel that we only need a fan, while other families may need 2.

If you are looking for something basic, flexi would actually work well. The whole drying process is identical to our current traditional bamboo method, minus the lifting. :D


4.  I am quite sick of bamboo poles falling on my head. 

Yes, I am a full grown adult but still on days that I am clumsy or feeling tired, I will still drop the bamboo. If I am unlucky, it falls right on my head. (Maybe this is why my memory is so darn poor..hmmm..) The safety feature of Steigen is really worth highlighting. It automatically stops when it feels an opposing force acting against it (could be your head or anything that is in its descending path.)

Especially if you have young children, this may be particularly useful. There is no longer any safety reasons to stop them from doing the laundry for you. FYI, I didn't press stop in the video. It stopped automatically! And then I reeled it back up!)


5. It is actually kinda of fun.

Kinda of fun is probably an understatement, it is super duper fun. Check out the cool-ass looking remote! You know how housework are always termed as chores. I am not sure with Steigen, will laundry ever be a chore again. For all we know, kids will be fighting to do them! And check out how user-friendly the buttons are. I didn't even read the instruction guide and I am maneuvering the system up and down like a pro. (P.S. Press for Fun has double meaning. Let me know if you got it! Haha!)


6. I appreciate clean laundry.

I didn't know before this but the musty smell from clothes actually came from leftover moisture in the clothes. I always thought our detergent sucks. :(  For fellow germophobe out there, there is also the disinfection function to keep us save from the micro dangers.  And no more inconsiderate neighbours' drippy problems!

Lastly if you are a person who is into smart homes, Steigen is really a product to consider. It is not completely doing the laundry but hey we are one step closer to being lucky. Or if you have elderly or a weaker family member at home, this is a pretty nice installation at home.


To find about about Steigen, you can visit their website at https://www.steigen.com.sg/ or visit their Facebook page . To find the retailers, just click on any Steigen in this post. Last but not least, just for you only, quote “STEIGEN50” at checkout or through SMS/Call/Whatsapp to 8818 6588 or email to sales@steigen.com.sg to enjoy a $50 discount. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment