Sunday, July 12, 2020

[Updated] First Day Out: Brick and Mortar Store


I barely bought anything for baby offline, but I heard in my Mummy Group Chat about this shop (Shen Kwang Trading Co) that sells the old-school stuff that I just can't seem to find online at really affordable so I thought I will make a trip down since it was just opposite the temple I always visit at Bugis. Plus many mummies have bought from the place and had good reviews of it. 

Honestly, the store was so unassuming I would have never stepped in/ found it on my own, let alone bought anything from there. There were so many families streaming in and out and mostly spent roughly S$100+. I spent around $60 for all the newborn stuff which baby would probably outgrow/ dirty quickly within days . This is the break-down of what I bought:
  • 12 inner diapers - S$17
  • 12 Face Wipes - $6
  • 8 Pairs Mittens - $7
  • 6 NB Shirts - $14
  • 6 NB Shorts - $16

Since it was a rare day out, Hubs also made special effort to find a nice spot for me to do a bump shot. This maternity dress - Eclair (Navy) (US$94) is one of my favourite pieces thus far and is almost a staple everytime I go out for appointments. As I am growing more fleshy, a lot of maternity either looks like a drape or don't fit me as well. 

Generally, I thought I should avoid a fitting dress. But this piece wraps me up in the most perfect way, in my very humble opinion and makes me feel good about myself and my bump. From the front view, you can barely see my belly can you? Hehe. I would really recommend this piece as a must-have for your maternity closet. 


I also took the opportunity to feast a bit before my gestational diabetes test. Yea to Nana's Green Tea. Hubs was having some cravings for ramen, so we dropped by Ramen Champion. I enjoyed my grilled pork so much that the husband from another table actually came to ask me which store it was from. Guess, people always trust the taste of a pregnant woman. 

I even dropped by Rich & Good to buy some cakes for our extended family. #BabyGroupBuy By the end of the day, I was utterly drained and exhausted but I felt so happy. The caged bird finally had her taste of freedom :P Will continue sharing any good baby buys I spot along the way so stay tune!


[Updated] We went back to Shen Kwang Trading Co to get bigger size clothes for baby. 6 long pants and 6 "holely" tops for $33. The tops , this time round, didn't seem to be as good quality and broke a little at first wash. :'(

No comments:

Post a Comment