Friday, July 24, 2020

Kiasu Mums: Flash Buys and Freebies for Baby

Hehe...Some of you readers have observed that baby's loots are generally all gotten online. Yes, I think partially due to Covid and lockdown, I barely go out of the house. With some research, I think I have actually gotten quite good deals, sometimes through the recommendations from other mothers, other times through my own sleuthing. #LobangMum

One thing I realise, nesting ahead of time really save quite a bit of money cos you can wait for the sales. Also, you won't be too stressed up by delivery delays. If I know what I want, sometimes I also monitor for "surprise sales" and buy direct instead. As per popular request, here are some of my good deals consolidation (will keep updating as and when). I have also consolidated some worthy freebies for Mummies who just want to go straight for the kill!

Flash Buys



1. Lazada Johnson & Johnson Brand Box

I missed the surprise box but during the brands sale and warehouse sale, the same sale came again...Erms perpectual sale again. During the brands sale, I actually bought the box which consisted 3*Desintin cream, 2*Aveeno bath products, 2*J&J Lotion and 2*J&J  Baby wipes for S$28 (realised after that you are limited to one purchase every sales...can totally take the opportunity to stock up). Because we wanted free delivery at 60 bucks, I ended up buying another pair of Aveeno bath products cos it came with a cute snack cup and 3 more packets of J&J wipes. Good news is his first month of bathing needs are pretty much settled. :D Previously, I bought Philips Avent Feeding Surpirse Box, read more about it here!



This was a deal that a Mummy in the Mummy's chat updated me about. It was buy-one-get-one carton free. During the sales, I managed to 2 snagged 2 additional mops which I thought could use for our new house. So I thought it was worth the buy. My in laws pretty much confirmed pregnancy has driven me mad when they saw 2 cartons of baby wipes. Well it is approx. 3 cents per piece and now baby has enough to wipe his butt for 1 year plus. Haha. Tip if you wanna buy Cloversoft products, monitor and buy direct! I even found a Mum nearby to share my bulk buys in future :P Resourceful or what!


3. Lazada's Skiphop Surprise Box

I have always been quite a fan of their stuff because they are really cute. So far, their surprise box has been always darned overprice and I am not sure if I should say the same for this. I paid around $50 for this, but the toy and the porcupine bag in the picture was so cute (got a hippo instead darn it). I mean, I can still see us using most of the items, just that I have one too many diaper bag (and bags in fact). Oops. I think it is a deal but it may not be a steal unless you are at the start of your first pregnancy journey :D

Freebies



Personally, this is one of my favourite free boxes. All you have to do is register and you will get a box of samples. It is really quite impossible to buy and try everything in the market so sampling is quite a good way to convert Mummies. Quite honestly, after sampling some of the Mummy/ Baby's non-sensitive products, I am already in quite a good mind to purchase more of their stuff. As Hubs observed,  want to lock down a mother, let her try first...Hehe. My personal favourites in this box is Isa uchi Breastmilk Storage Bags and for baby, the mattress and bib!

** Will continue to update, I haven't take photos of all my loots yet!


2. Huggies Club and other sample sites

There are quite a few places which you can redeem free diapers. I redeemed Huggies at my friend's recommendation cos it was the most fuss-free. They will send you the bigger size diapers once your baby come of age. In addition, you get a packet of free wipes too! For other diapers, I don't think they are as generous. Personally, I feel it is quite a bit of work/ and selling of personal information to get 1-3 pieces of diapers. But, I agree if baby is fussy, you might need quite a bit of samples. Just search for free diapers samples online and it will lead you to the sites.

* FYI, there is a promo going on now, sign up at Huggies Club now for an extra full-sized sample of wet wipes!



Previously, I only use Lazada for my purchases. This Mum's Club was a recommendation from the Mummies in my chat group. Initially, I signed up cos it came with the free diapers and the Hubs was sick of me always borrowing his phone to surf around Shopee. I have to say that Shopee is a lot more Mummy friendly than Lazada. I have been sucked in ever since. Oops. I just wish it was a bit more organised like Lazada and if there were more reminders on the deals. But yes, so far I am always on it - surfing and spending for me and the little one's needs. Their support helpdesk is also super responsive. If you want to sign up too, please use my referral code 12SHO223 and you can get $10 off your first order and also 300 coins if you join the Mum's Club :D



I got the grab bag for $60 when it was on sales. I know many of you are fans of this brand but honestly...I hated every single piece I got in the grab bag. Maybe it is cos I hate green although I look good in it. The material is also very different from what I am used to. Is it because all luxe brands feel like that?!? I did a quick check on the price and it is definitely value for money. My Mum says just let him wear it la. I mean he will wear it and maybe he will look good in it...who knows. But at first glance, this is really not Mummy's and Daddy's of clothes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment