Sunday, July 19, 2020

Tinys.Co: Organic Baby Products

This is one of the topics I really wanted to dive into. I have asked many mummies about organic wears etc. and most mummies can't really give me much information because most don't really go for this option mainly because of its price-point. It baffles me a little because most Mummies refrain from using products which uses too much chemicals on their babies, but the same rule doesn't seem to apply from clothes.

I came across Tinys.Co and thought I should give this topic a go. If price-point is truly the reason stopping parents from going organic, then you would be happy to know that Tinys.Co is a brand from Malaysia so you get to benefit from the favourable exchange rate. Also, purchases above RM200 will allow you to enjoy free shipping.


Apart from clothes, Tinys.Co holds organic swaddles and teethers as well. For those who are considering to gift, you would be happy to know that Tinys.Co can pack the items in nice recyclable box that includes a cardboard hanger. Cute. All the items will be packed in a drawstring pouch and you can also insert a personalised note.

If you are getting a romper, you can also do personalisation. For us, we got baby an organic sleepsuit (RM149.90) instead for 3-6 months in mint. Personally, I am very in love with the pastel green colour (Psss... I even got matching maternity shorts to twin with baby). Design-wise,  Tinys.Co is very classy and simple.


Unlike most of my other sleepsuits, it is a single-zip design. In terms of the fabric, the sleepsuit is made from 100% GOTS certified organic cotton. It uses non-toxic dye and is hypoallergenic. T be honest,  I actually can't tell through touch whether the fabric is organic. But one thing we all know is that the baby's skin is a lot more sensitive than an adult, in fact the epidermis is 3-5 times thinner than an adult's.

Some babies may be more sensitive to allergens and irritants in the air. I think a good gauge is whether the parents have eczema or sensitive skin. Personally, apart from the skin on my face, I have quite resilient skin, but the Hubs isn't so lucky. So I am guessing baby might turn up either way. I guess if given a choice, we are definitely swaying towards avoiding synthetics and cottons which have been sprayed with herbicides or pesticides for baby. Cos bringing him in and out of the PD might cost more pain to our pockets and heart overall.


We also tried out the cupboard hanger. Frankly, it leans towards the fragile side. Having said that, I have no qualms putting it into baby's wardobe. I don't think it lasts as long as plastic for sure, but we will use it till it hangs on its last breathe (no pun intended)

This is my second set of milestone cards (RM18.90) and I think I like it much more than my first. You will definitely see quite a bit of them in my photos. I think I am just a sucker for simple, uniformed designs. Compared to its other products, this is one of the easiest on the pocket. Take note that it is made of cardboard and doesn't have the waxy texture over it.


Thus far, I have been accumulating quite a bit of swaddles and each one gets better. This is my fanciest swaddle thus far. At RM55, it is actually quite affordable. Tinys.Co doesn't have the largest range of designs but it have quite a bit that will make you gush. This piece is made of 70% bamboo fabric and 30% GOTS certified organic cotton. It is also anti-static and hypoallgergenic. 

Like my other swaddles, this is alos 120cm by 120cm and is really soft. <3 After taking a look at Tinys.Co's collection, I don't find organic products particularly steep in their pricing. Apart from the sleepsuit, the other products doesn't pinch the pocket much given the quality. I think perhaps the key is really knowing where to get your organic baby products and I am so glad that I shared this site with you Mummies out there, so at least now, you have a choice, without being too worried about $$$. By the way, additional 25% off if you quote "CHAA25"

No comments:

Post a Comment