Saturday, April 17, 2021

Having the hots Ft. Fanmi Thermometer

If you have a young child, you will know how horrible the night of each vaccine can be. Ever since baby's first vaccine, I would do nightly hourly monitors on his temperature. I would have fever patches nearby and would be ready to sponge him anytime. I heard from many mothers that the using the tradidtional thermometer at the armpit is the most accurate in measuring the baby's temperature. 

But somehow, I don't find it true for my case. When I use the traditional thermometer at baby's armpit, the temperature always seem to be below 36 deg. In the end, I just used Mummy's instinct. When I feel that he seems warmer than usual, I start my sponging routine. 

From a mother to fellow parents, I would like to recommend you the Fanmi Thermometer, which you can use either on your ear or your forehead. I tested it on a few items (my fridge, myself and random items) and personally I found it more accurate when you use it on your ear. When the temperature is really high, the thermometer would flash red. (When I measured the air in my fridge, it flashed "LO" haha)

I have been using it on baby after I received it. I have heard of stories of parents who thought their babies were not having a fever because of the thermometer was not showing a high temperature and I feel quite reassured that I now have a reliable thermometer at hand. The price of Fanmi Thermometer is also very reasonable at $49.90 (after discount).

If you are a weaning mum, the thermometer would also come in useful. I am not the luckiest when it comes to breastfeeding. Even weaning hasn't been particularly kind to me. I have been suffering from fever flashes and I use Fanmi as well. 

I wish I have more tips to share on weaning, but honestly I am not faring too well at it. I don't take medication and just pump out the lumps to bring the fever down. Have pretty much given much on weaning with a a targetted date in mind. I am now letting nature takes it course and when it ends, it ends. Sigh. 

*

*

*

Follow "Breastfeeding Journey" tags for more tips and tricks!

No comments:

Post a Comment