Monday, September 27, 2021

Baby Turn 1: Best Icing on a cake

The kid turning one is possibly one of the biggest milestone in their life (at then) and also their parents'. Undeniably,  I was super anxious about our baby becoming a toddler. I guess somehow I was relieved that I reared him up a good 1 year. You know I could barely keep myself alive but I managed to keep baby and my husband healthy and alive for so long LOL. 

Usually, the 1 year old party is a super big affair. I was also a bit stressed in keeping up with societal pressures of being a good Mum (throwing good parties is possibly one of the checkbox in the checklist) and it didn't help that Covid was in its way with its ever-turning restrictions. 

In the end we split our celebrations into 2 days and had to get 2 cakes. Coincidentally, we booked a baking class ahead and basically baked the 2nd cake for my child (pretty meaningful). But unfortunately, it wasn't in line with the theme. Our first cake from Layere is extraordinarily beautiful. We shared some photos privately with our friends and most of them were gushing over it too!

One of the comments we got was - how did the cake look so coordinated with the birthday banner. So here's a tip - we actually send Layere the photos of our banner ahead. The aliens (inspired from Toy Story) were additions because my son loves them. Everything is so cute, it was so painful to cut and in the end eat them. 


I am sure many people share the same fear as me of icing - though they look good, they taste horrid. Usually, they are the leftovers at every kid's party. Surprisingly, the icings made by Layere was not surfeiting sweet, thank god. In fact, each of us even chewed on a piece. It was actually that good!

Internally, it was a chocolate sponge cake, which I personally felt had too much cream within. But I am willing to overlook it because the icing was so good. Overall, I would really recommend their services for anyone who is looking for customised cake. Layere look good, taste good and made everyone (esp. the birthday boy) feel good! <3

Happy Birthday, my little love. 
*
*
*
Note: Laptop is down, so posts won't be as frequent!

No comments:

Post a Comment