Wednesday, September 29, 2021

DIY- We did our own Zhua Zhou!

 The Hubs and I decided to do a DIY project because:

  • I was really inspired by the Japanese mothers who came out with artistic renditions of the Zhua Zhou
  • I am not one to follow the norm (LOL!)
  • I just didn't want to spend money on something I cannot foresee myself using more than once 
  • It was really more meaningful to make our own!
It would have supported our decision more if either of us were good in art, we ain't by the way. Despite being busy folk, we committed ourselves to 2 hours to draw them out. 


You can either draw on shrink plastic (buy from Daiso/ Art shop) or on harder paper. But because this was quite a last minute decision on my part, we decided to draw on drawing block instead and laminate them. It was actually more fun than I thought...the Hubs and I competed on who could draw better (I know you guys must be laughing your asses off because both sucks!) with our baby looking on. 

Better drawers like my own Bro could draw without reference but husband and I had to Google for images. I admit we actually "rig the results" by only drawing occupations we preferred. Oops. We used markers to colour as they were more vibrant.


Just for fun, we also created "Just like Daddy", "Just like Mummy" and "Be Myself" cards. I really hoped he picked himself given how narcissitic he has been. But nope. He only used the cards twice and I doubt he is ever using them again. And to be honest, the whole egging the child on to grab something is quite over-hyped. 

Apart from us (the parents) being excited, our guests stared on pretty blankly. Everybody preferred watching him unwrap his present. Aftermath joke, my son found it funny to trample on my face. Sobs. The only good thing about this, we didn't spend much and we actually had fun making it Hehe. 


Total damage: <$10
It is quite an easy project too! (If people who can't really do art do it, it ain't that hard LOL!)
*
*
*
Note: Laptop is down, so posts won't be as frequent!

No comments:

Post a Comment