Saturday, January 13, 2024

My First Music Concert

Maybe it was because I am brought up in a rather thrifty family, I always wondered why would people spend so much on a concert. Couldn't you just blast youtube via a speaker? It is free. LOL! After my first concert, I have to say I am a convert. 

Special thanks to my husband who did the research to ensure that I will be a "convert". No camping tips here because it was the husband that got the great seats. "Go big or go home" that's what I told him so he went big. We got CAT 3 tickets to Mayday and apparently the seats you got within the category was all luck-based. 


As an excited first-timer, the first thing I did was to snap photos of myself at the stadium. Although I have been there for runs etc., I am always struck by awe somehow when I arrive at the National Stadium. Maybe it is how ginormous the scale of the place is. It must be awesome performing there especially with the coordinated light sticks. I am posting some photos up (not because I am a spoiler) but because this is the last leg of their concert. 

One of the concern I had about choosing the concert to attend was that I am not a "Superfan" of any particular artiste and don't really know all their songs. I am just a "bathroom singer" that belts out popular k-box songs. *inserts embarrassed gaffaws* Ends up, I know a good 70% of the songs even though I kept emphasizing to my husband I only know 4. So, you don't really need to know every song to attend cos you can read the lyrics off the screen. And it doesn't really matter if A-Shin was off key most of the time, it was the ambience.


I have to admit that the awesome lighting effects can't really be fully captured from my phone. Also, the stereo effect is different. I am also very entertained by a Mayday fan who was sitting in front of us and trying to make the whole row gyrate along with her. LOL! And like I say the seats were good...I even managed to see Mayday upclose on the roving boat. I waved to them like they could see me. And I also somewhat caught my idol on screen. *faints*

Any tips? I brought along a neck fan which came in useful when it was stuffy. If you want to go on the express queue, go without a bag. Bottles of water/ food/ drinks can be bought after you cross the gantry. I xiao panicked and got locked out of the pantry. Thank god, the security managed to clear me. I also kept thinking that there is surprise guests - which now I know only Taiwan leg will have. To be honest, I am still clueless about concert etiquettes. When do you stand and when do you sit? Send help please. 

No comments:

Post a Comment