Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Flavours of Tomorrow Festival

Possibly the best festival ever, we went to the first alternative festival - Flavours of Tomorrow. Located at Teletech Park within Science Centre 2, it was a slight walk from the nearest MRT station - Haw Paw Villa. We braved the rain and finally reached our destination. And boy, no regrets at all. 

It was super family friendly. The kids were first welcomed by 2 bouncy castles on the top level. Kids being kids were undeterred by the wet bouncy castles and he ran off to slide and bounce as we explored the place. Innate Montessori coincidentally had their open house that day so children could opt to do some craft activities indoors. My kid was in the mood to expend his energy so we allowed him to play in the slight drizzle as we had some spare clothes. 


The food was definitely the highlight because we got to try alternative form of proteins and food that are produced more sustainably. Most of us probably have the opinion that such food would taste awful or odd. But that's not true. In fact, we enjoyed the food so much we will be adding some into our diet. The food variety was extremely wide and we could find more than enough options for the children. 

The ambience was also delightful with busking and there was even free balloon sculpturing for the children. There were also artisan booths set indoors which I didn't have enough time to explore (and spend money). So much things going on, there is just something for everyone!


Quick shoutout to some of the food that blew our minds away:
  • Wow Noodles: This is a starchless protein noodles made from spent barley grain suitable for diabetics. I wished I had known about this when I had GD when I was expecting. This would have been life-changing and satisfied any noodle cravings I had. Texture-wise it was similar to Soba. 

  • Prataboy: A F&B start up from Ngee Ann Poly, their praffles blew me away. It was crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. I am not exaggerating, but this is really the best prata I ever had. 

  • Kobashi: This bakery had the highest takeaway rate and I am not surprised. Beacuse their sourdough was so on point even when cold. I think I single-handledly wipe out a good 70% of what we bought. No shame in being selfish here. Haha. \
Oatside, which I presume many of you should be aware was fantastic as usual. They even had ice cream served that day. As you can tell, I am probably so bought over I can't wait for the next rendition <3

No comments:

Post a Comment