Touted as a family show, I took a peek at the review videos. I have to say I was utterly intrigued. Riding on the promotional prices (1 for 1), we decided to head over as an family for Slava's Snowshow. No regrets because it was one of the most interactive clown shows we have seen. There were a few acts and I couldn't completely comprehend the storyline. But somehow, I couldn't keep my eyes off them.
My impression of clowns were that they were always comedic. In the acts, although their actions were pretty funny, it seemed to explore different themes of fear, desolate and despair. They were basically miming throughout the shows. No words were spoken, but there were always murmurs of conversations by their young children audiences.
During intermission, we didn't step out. And surprisingly, there was a small performance on its own. Eventually, it became a full act. The clowns would come down the stage, splashing water at the audience. The energy was chaotic, but fun. We could not really anticipate what would happen next. The kids and I were excited laughing during the 2nd half.
Our favourite was the giant spider web, snow blizzard and the giant balls. It was a spectacle itself watching how a snow blizzard was presented. The kids would raise their hands to try to catch the web, paper and balls. I love how there were not much rules to enjoy. The crowd maintain civil and for Singapore standards, was having an absolute blast chasing the balls and throwing Papier-Mâchée in the air.
Slava's Snowshow is only at Sands Theatre from 15 to 26 July, do get your tickets before it ends. It doesn't come by Singapore often. So the next time you get to watch it, it might be 3 years later! Tip: To catch promotional prices, always keep a lookout and check the MBS theatres social medias. That's how I caught mine :D


No comments:
Post a Comment