Sunday, July 29, 2018

Lash Me Maybe

I think this is a pretty interesting debate for a lot of brides and considering I actually did eyelash extension, I think I can shed a bit of light to help you make your decision better. So here are 6 facts to help you make your decision.


1. Eyelash Extension are extremely pretty and natural. I have received a lot, a lot of compliments on it. It is like having semi-permanent eye make-up. It makes your eyes bigger and blacker. This may depends on who you do it with.

2. Eyelash Extension can be quite hard to manage. As a virgin extender (is there even such a word?!?), I actually dropped a lot of lashes initially cos I splashed too much water on my lashes and even went for facial. Every morning, there are quite a lot of eye dung stuck within the lashes and the side of my eyes. So extra effort and brushing need to be taken to keep my eyes bright, clean and sultry.

3. Eyelash Extensions are not painful. The first time I did it, I expected it to hurt insanely, but it was painless and comfortable. The replacement lashes were a little more prickly. I think that was because some of my natural lashes have fallen and the new-grown were way shorter. So it was harder to attach the extensions.


4. Find a good store. And this basically is the deal maker or breaker. I did mine at Lash Blossom and I have to say they were extremely kind to help me replace my fallen lashes. I bet most stores would have chided me on my chor-lorness but not them, so that you very much.

5. Let them know what you need the lashes for. Initially, I also found mine lashes a little over-the-top. But hey, I am doing it for a pre-wedding shoot you know. And I am glad I listened cos my lashes look awesome. For day-to-day I agree you should definitely go for the less dramatic ones. You can check out their services and prices here.

6. Your natural eye lashes may fall as well. This was initially pretty shocking to me. Cos when my lashes fall, I was like crap, am I lash-balding? Cos, when your lashes are long, it is very obvious when one falls unlike when they are short and barely visible. After doing some research, I realised do have a lifespan and they will grow back. So phew.:)


If you hate fake eyelash, I may also suggest you do eyelash extension. Personally, I don't like the bone of the fake eyelash on top of my eye. I always felt that it was weight my eyes down and I could barely open them. But I guess this differ from people to people cos my other friend doesn't like the shadow on top of the eyelids.

For me, I like that eyelash extensions are way lighter on my eyes. I could avoid mascara during the photoshoot. Yeah! But removing eye-makeup can be a bit of a chore. Personally, I don't think I will do it on a permanent basis. But I will definitely be doing it for occasions! Do feel free to hit me up if you need my advice on tips on lash maintenance!

No comments:

Post a Comment