Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Yummy Day out with Hub

I love Septembers because a lot of my favourite life events happen in this month. Really appreciate that the hub bothered to set aside time for me. We spent like one whole day eating...and just exploring Singapore. And I enjoyed it so darn much.

It also made me sort of realised what we grown up from a stage of not enough money to not enough time. Although I wished we had more time together, I have to admit a little part of me do like a life of not really having to look at the price tag for each purchase. Wanna do it, just do la...:P


We started the day off with Starbucks. I was given the choice of Macs. But I feel like Macs is more of our weekend go-to and I wanted to target becoming a Starbucks Gold Member. (I am now a Grab Platinum Member and I somewhat feel like the shopaholic in me is finally being acknowledged. Yes, I want Starbucks to take note of my spending with them too!)

It has been at least 6 months since I had my last Starbucks breakfast and I felt that the quality of the coffee served at breakfast seems to taste so much better. The quantity is also quite substantial, giving us good reason to people watch. There is also like a wider selection to pick from for the breakfast set. I had pancakes, but it is just average. Hub's wrap was a lot more savory and hearty. You know what to choose next time.


Lunch was quite fancy at an Italian fancy restaurant - Garibaldi. Contrary to the whole paras I written above, we actually didn't spend a lot for this either. *Blush* We had a NS voucher so I got to go to a nice atas place FOC for their set lunch. I thought the food was good but the Hub felt otherwise. I guess he just can't take pure Italian cuisine. 

Set Lunch:
  1. Soup of the Day and Buffalo Milk Mozzarella with San Marzano Tomatoes and Basil - Honestly, I couldn't take the strong taste of the cheese. Do Buffalo even give out milk? I thought they were male cows. 
  2. Spaghetti Aglio Olio with Pan Fried Hokkaido Scallop and Homemade Spinach and Potato Gnocchi with Gorgonzola Cheese Sauce - I thought we made an excellent choice on these 2. 
  3. Baked Eggplant Parmigiana and Angus Beef "Tagliata" with Rocket Salad and Roasted Potatoes - Both were actually quite good but I could only take that much rich food in a day. Sigh.
  4. Homemade Tiramisu with coca and Traditional Panna Cotta with Strawberries - I preferred the Tiramisu a lot more. 

We had buffet for dinner. By now, I am sure you are thinking "How much can these 2 crazy people eat manz!!" Lol! I am sure I am losing my "spendthrift" title fast cos this was also free. We pretty much ate for free the whole day except for breakfast, which I paid...Hey did I just pay for the whole day?!? *insert shocked face*

Town Restaurant really have a good selection and we have been there a few times. I am pretty sure we will be going there a few more times given our awesome memories there. Best of all, I feel the price is really reasonable so it won't even burn that big a hole during our next visit. But maybe next time, I won't go for buffet because this gal here now can't eat much :'( Still, she is growing fat...why life liddat!

No comments:

Post a Comment