Sunday, May 24, 2020

Nursing Bra: Yay or Nay

Generally, the nursing bra is used when you are breastfeeding the baby so that you can easily access your boobs during the process. Call me kiasu, but I actually got mine way ahead and I am doubling them up as maternity bras. And I am happy to update this might be one of the best decisions I have made. :D

Firstly, maternity bras are so comfortable. For me, the twins have grown and my old bras just can't do their job anymore. For now, I am going a cup bigger while maintaining the ribs circumference. I think my ribs size might have expanded a bit but I sort of want to restrict its expansion, haha. You might want to go a size bigger if you prefer something less snug. Secondly, I love that it provides really good support for my bigger boobs (which now I realise bigger isn't exactly better). Lastly, they have really nice designs (not granny-like at all).


I have to be honest, my body shape is really changing quite a bit. In fact, I would think that there is not even much shape to speak of. With Covid and all, I feel like I am just lounging around at home and letting loose in a bad way. My hair is messy, I dress like crap and my body is lumpy. The silver lining, my skin is still great though (lol).

But pregnancy really shouldn't be this way. That's why I always feel excited...and a boost of confidence when I find nice, flattering maternity/ nursing outfits/ gears. So I thought I will share with you guys - Cake Maternity. I gotten some nursing bras and a gorgeous maternity dress, but today I will focus on the nursing bras. 



This is one of the prettiest nursing bras I have seen in the market. So far, all the bras I am using is the drop-cup (i.e. there is a clasp to unhook each side which I find it very convenient). On the inner side of the bra, there is even polka-dots designs. 5 stars for the crazy amount of details. For special occassions, this is definitely my top choice although nobody really sees it. Haha,  I wore it when I visited my gynae not like she can tell. :P

I didn't use to think like this. But now, I think there are some things that nobody sees and nobody else really bothers. But you know it matters and that it feels good when you treat yourself right or when you give yourself a well-deserved pampering treat. And one of these thrills is definitely the nursing bras.



Although I am not really working out during this period, I am planning to resume my runs to keep my body fit again once I concieve. So, I have been looking out for nursing bras that allows an active lifestyle. Personally, I love the sporty design of this bra (check out the hole in the back) and the Cake emblems at the bottom (most of day-to-day underwears usually have such designs as well) so this is a much welcomed familar design. 

Fabric-wise, Cake Maternity generally is a little thinner at the front so you can actually spot the nipple bump. This was quite worrying at first. However, when you put on your outer clothes, it won't be visible at all. My thoughts is that most people (at least me) don't take photos in underwear so I am not really too bothered by this now. 



For Mummies who are on a tighter budget, you might want to consider 9 Months Maternity. In terms of the fabric, there is more sponge at the front. The variety is a bit more limited and the bras are all of the drop-cup design. But if you want something simple, you would be able to find what you need here. Rest assured these bras are very comfortable. If you want to find out more about my review on their other products, read here!

I know some Mums actually choose to purchase from taobao etc. for cheap nursing bras cos they deemed these as one-time uses. Honestly, I feel that they double up pretty well as a staple and if you buy them during the sales period you can get them around the same price as your day-to-day bra. So, I think it is still alright to invest on "inner beauty". Plus for my readers only, quote "ChaaYen" and you can get 15% off for the regular items at 9 Months Maternity!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Such a nice blog, Firstly I would like to thank you for sharing the informatic content about the best nursing bra.

    ReplyDelete