Saturday, April 9, 2022

Food Tour 24: Tea Time Special

Decided to consolidate a post dedicated to tea-time because this girl here loves coffee, tea and her sweet treats. 



The Afternoon High Tea Set is only available at Cedele MBS. Personally, I don't find it as value for money as raved by many. The food is decent, was a bit bummed by the fact that there was no refills and the portion was not enough to be lunch. (Yes, I wanted to have it for late lunch).

It was also quite understaffed that day so it was difficult for me to just catch the attention of any service person. My kid was nonetheless happy, attacking the fires and chocolate pastries. 



I came across the fancy store not knowing that they are more known for their coffee and took away some nice-looking pastries. The packaging is impeccable. They even gave a card folder like thing for the receipt. In terms of taste, the pastries taste pretty good but are rather small. And maybe it is just me, I still prefer the pastries from Tiong Bahru Bakery. My FIL (a home baker) explained that both croissants are made from different methods and hence the different textures but both are very exquisite. 

Update: We tried the coffee and I didn't like it. Too fancy for me maybe? 



I might have saved the best for last because this is my favourite teahouse. I have tried their matcha products and seasame ice-cream and always leave feeling so satisfied. It might just be my life goal to try all their selection one day. I have even went a step further and purchase tea leaves from them. Guess you can tell how much I like their products. You can also join their tea appreciation experiences should you be keen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment