Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Studio M Hotel: No Lofty Dreams

As some of you may know, I am not feeling the best lately. So my parents have kindly took over the parenting of my little one during our family staycation. My father chose Studio M Hotel because of its cool loft but honestly it was a terrible idea because the toddler couldn't stop climbing up and down

And I...an adult, also find it a chore to climb up and down in the middle of the night as the toilet was located on the ground floor. My parent's room was pretty clean but ours had dirty cups and water boiler. We ended up getting our own mineral water and had to use my parent's boiler to make hot water for our little one. We figured it was just easier to house him in the other room since theirs had a bed on the ground floor.


This hotel isn't built to make you stay within its compounds. I would describe its facilities as skeletal. The pool was really small (it is the jaccuzi pool in our photo, but the other pool is no lap pool either). My son was quite petrified of the water so with or without pool didn't make much difference. There was also a pool table for recreation. 

I quite like the location of the hotel because it was beside the scenic boat quay. There was also a lot of decent food options around for us to explore. The breakfast was unlimited set orders, which I surprisingly enjoyed. (Sorry, but I forgot to take photos.) It was really yummy and I think I might pop by again next time to try out their lunch and dinner options. 


Overall, I was pretty drained after the staycation and was somewhat relieved it has come to an end. The bed didn't really work for me so I didn't have that great a rest. But I really appreciate the time spent with my family now that I don't exactly stay with them and have a family of my own. And...I really wanted my kid to have an opportunity to bond with them as well. 

Oddly, my father is somewhat emboldened by my son's sleepover in their room and wants to bring him on a cruise next himself, which I think it is terribly bad idea. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment