Friday, November 24, 2023

Things to do and eat at Jewel: All in a Day

Jewel used to be on of my favourite hang-outs. Even though it was a bit further from home, I would still look forward and cab my way there. The main appeal to me apart from its pretty aesthetics, was the unique mix of food and shopping outlets it hold. After Covid, maybe because of its increased rental prices, the shops have kinda became mainstream

Some of the places are still pretty worth visiting, so I thought I would do a post on it. For info, my kid dictated much of the trip in case you are wondering why I missed out some of the more iconic things to do. Haha. 


If you want to dine at a place with a view of the skytrain, Tonito is the place to go to. Its only outlet is in Jewel so if you want a taste of their Latin American cuisine, this is the only place you can find it. The food is not the most affordable, but the weekday set meal is pretty worth it. The service is also impeccable. My boy who was wild about train was offered a make-shift seat (with a lower table) so that he could enjoy a view throughout his entire meal. 
 

Next up was multiple rides on the skytrains to and fro the different terminals. I wished we had more photo opportunities because some of the places were really cutely decorated. But my kid was pretty adamant that he only wanted to be on a train. We also managed to score some nice deals - i.e. bak kwa at half price. The great thing about shopping at the airport - we could avoid the GST charges!


Break time at Andersen's Ice Cream. This is not the only outlet in Singapore. But my kid was so enamored by the train that we had to buy ice cream from them. If you ask me, my preference would be Birds of Paradise, but it definitely not as family friendly and it sure didn't have a train. 


This is truly a must visit place for me - the Poke Center. Oddly, I have never made a purchase there, but I am always there to look around. Jewel and Changi do have occasional pop-ups which I would recommend to go visit. But I was there at a bad time - transition between pop ups, so I basically couldn't see anything. No matter what happens, I always have the Poke Center to rely on. And it helps that my children love them too!


Dinner at Kam's Roast because it seems to have food for the kids and I haven't tried it before despite the many outlets around Singapore. My child's face says it all - the food isn't fantastic.  I expected more from their roasts, but it was quite average, Their service on the other hand was excellent. By dinner time, we were utterly drained and was quite happy to make our way back. I think it will be a while before I make my way back to Jewel. It is no longer much of a destination spot for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment