Saturday, May 25, 2024

Food Tour 45: Expensive Treats

Do you have those time you walk past shops that look way overpriced and you are like "one day I am going to give it a try so that I figure out why you can charge that", I took the plunge and here is my review. Hehe. And that's where all my money goes. boohoohoo



Famed for their chocolate, I always wondered why a cup of hot chocolate cost up to $18. Exorbitant. After walking past it multiple times, I decided to finally give it a try with the family. We took the bar seat so that we could have a better view of the canal and the sampans. Pretty good ambience. The hot chocolate was enough to serve 2 cups. At my first sip, I figured out why it was costing an arm and an leg.

It was so thick, I must as well be drinking a melted chocolate bar. I could actually taste the different layers of flavours on my tongue. It was definitely a sensation I never felt before with any chocolate drink. We tried the ice cream as well, which was a lot cheaper. The Vanilla was average, so go for their chocolates. The rest of the menu was priced more reasonably. I would suggest giving their chocolate a go if you have spare money to spend. It is an interesting but not a mandatory experience



Definitely not the cheapest in town, the first time my tongue got a taste of it, I ate 6 at one shot. This was definitely the best Japanese Mochi in town. The queue for it is really long and each person is only allowed to buy 2 boxes. I bought 1 only by the way. This time round, we tried the drink - Matcha Lemonade because the strawberry yoghurt was sold out. In my opinion, these 2 don't go together at all. I had a hard time finishing my drink! Stick to the mochis, the rest are just so-so. 



If you are a fan of pretzels/ German pastries, this is a place not to miss. They are a bit on the pricey side so I had to find out why they could charge like this and still have people dining. Their bread was absolutely delicious. I am not entirely sure what I ordered because the cashier was so helpful to pick based on my likes and dislikes. But this meal cost almost $20. It was considerably filling even though the portion looked tiny. I am a bit torn whether I will be back again...because my family are no fans of the western bread. I am the only one (along with my 2 offspring) who appreciate a good ole pretzel :) Yums. 

No comments:

Post a Comment